Is this from PPD meds, or am I going nuts? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 01-14-2012, 05:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't know WTH this means, or why it's happening.

I have 3 mo old twins. I'll have them both with me, but then I'll still hear another baby crying somewhere. It happens a lot, and it's not a doll, as they don't have any that talk.

It's starting to freak me out; it makes my heart skip a beat, and I'll want to jump up & go get him/her. This has only happened since I started my meds (Zoloft).

How crazy is this?? Is it just a side effect??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 01-14-2012, 05:13 PM

Sounds like a question for the Dr. that prescribed the Zoloft.  But it sounds like maybe you're hormones are making you hypervigilant-like when you're expecting a phone call and hear the phone when the shower's running.  I had some weird symptoms with PPD......at least you're anchored enough to ask the question.

#3 of 8 Old 01-19-2012, 10:09 AM
myk

talk to the doc to find out if its a side effect. i get it too, i call them echos. it's like the echo of my baby's crying in my mind, even though i KNOW she's not in the other room crying. its a little freaky.

January 2011
#4 of 8 Old 01-19-2012, 10:36 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you, I'll ask next time we go in. It is freaky!! It doesn't sound like mine, more like a newborn.

#5 of 8 Old 01-19-2012, 08:26 PM

Oh, goodness, I just had a flashback, and I never had PPD that I know of (just sleep deprivation and anxiety) and I totally had that phantom-baby-crying thing. (My baby was a big crier.) If you hear it all day you're more likely to hear it in your mind.  :)   Still ask your Dr. though. 

#6 of 8 Old 01-19-2012, 08:26 PM

(I meant I had forgotten all about it until I saw your post, but I definitely used to hear a baby crying even when mine wasn't, in those first few weeks/months)

#7 of 8 Old 01-20-2012, 02:28 PM

I've never been on anti depressants but I have heard the phantom crying baby thing too. I would check with your doc but I agree with everyone else that sleep deprivation, crying babies, and stress can definitely do funky things to you, lol. Good luck Mama!

Claire, book reading, tree loving, coffee drinking wife to K, and happy SAHM to ds G Feb '09 home birth, dd C ~ free birthed June '11, and now a new lil surprise due October 2012 joy.gif

#8 of 8 Old 01-21-2012, 12:26 PM

My oldest was a big cryer so I was always listening for him... I distinctly remember thinking I could hear him crying when I would be in the shower, in bed or in another room and I'd go to him and find him sleeping peacefully. I think it's a combo of first-time-mama hypervigilance and lots of hormones! :) I never mentioned the phantom-baby-crying to anyone because I didn't want to sound crazy, but glad to hear I'm not the only one who heard the imaginary crying baby! :) 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page