Blood tests were normal but still feel bad... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-26-2012, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello,

I am 7 months PP and ever since I had my son I just have felt off.  Not all of the time but I will have moments where I tremble and feel sick/weak/sweat.  I thought it was low blood sugar and it does seem to help if I eat but sometimes it happens after I have eaten.  I do suffer from anxiety and after I had by DS it has gotten much worse.  I went to the doc and they ran blood tests and it all came back normal except I noticed that my TSH was 2 points from being below normal.  I went in again and told her I still didn't feel good and she told me it was all in my head.  Do you think I should see another doctor? These "episodes" I get are almost like a panic attack but they feel different than my normal ones....I can deal with my normal ones...but these are so much different.  Could I have developed hypoglycemia after birth? or a hormone imbalance? or thyroid? or is it all in my head.....I'm so sick of dealing with this because I want to be done worrying and enjoy my life and my baby.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

#2 of 3 Old 01-28-2012, 09:08 PM

See a different doc.  It is not "all in your head".  There are many different factors that may cause this. 

Personally; I take Zoloft for my anxiety/depression.

#3 of 3 Old 01-31-2012, 07:43 PM

Have you thought about taking an iodine supplement?  I do that and I think it is helpful, although I'm still not "perfect" :)

You can just buy these inexpensive little iodine drops called Liqui-Kelp, don't take more than the bottle says but they are okay if you're also taking a vitamin/eating iodized salt.  I realized my thyroid was also very close to being out of order when I saw the numbers on my pregnancy chart...I was irritated that the midwives didn't tell me, but it's easy enough to take iodine. 

Since I started with the iodine, I lost most of my pregnancy weight in five or six months and now I weigh less than I ever did since college (I'm old)...while eating like a hog.  Weight loss was not a big issue for me (not that I'm thin or anything), but it indicates that the iodine might be helping.  Then again, my 17-month-old nurses like a fiend and has done since she was first born.  Whatever, it's worth a try!

ed. for typo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page