Brief Research Study about Postpartum Mental Health. Study is Anonymous. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 02-04-2012, 09:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello Ladies!  I am looking for individuals interested in participating in a brief research study about risk factors associated with postpartum mental health.  All participants are required to be first time mothers, who are at least 18 years of age and have given birth in the last 4 weeks to 12 months.  This study is being conducted as part of a Clinical Research Project (commonly known as a Dissertation) and is a requirement of the researcher’s clinical psychology doctoral program.  This study has been certified by the Institutional Review Board (IRB) as of July 2011. 

Your participation is incredibly appreciated and has the potential to help further this field of study!  Thank you!

Please visit the following site for more information:
https://www.psychdata.com/s.
asp?SID=142623

**This research study has been reviewed and Certified by the Institutional Review Board, Argosy University – Chicago, formerly known as the Illinois School of Professional Psychology. Please contact Giovanna Vitullo, MA and/or Dr. Myra Leifer at (312) 777- 7690 with any questions about this study. For research-related problems or questions regarding participants' rights, you may contact the Institutional Board through Dr. David Van Dyke, IRB Chair, by phone at 312-777-7600 ext. 7699, by email at dvandyke@argosy.edu or by mail at 225 North Michigan Avenue, Suite 1300, Chicago, IL 60601.

#2 of 3 Old 02-04-2012, 02:47 PM

I am not eligible for this study because my child is almost two and I am not a first time mom, but I appreciate anything that goes towards research about PPD.

Two quick ideas:

1.  you might want to get a moderator to approve this post so you get more responses

2.  not to be a spelling jerk, but in your thread title, there are two errors ("brief" follows the "i before e" spelling convention, and your second "study" needs a "t" in it)

Good luck with your study!

sleepytime.gif I got tired of my signature, but I still love my children and husband and miss my little brotherkid.gif

#3 of 3 Old 02-05-2012, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you, I definitely overlooked this.  The curse of spell-checker.

As far as a moderator goes, I appreciate the advice.  I am not quite sure how to go about that though.  I have posted this study in the past and received approval, but that just occurred over time from my recollection.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page