I feel so helpless - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-02-2012, 12:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am only 14 days postpartum and I have been feeling very depressed and down. I went to the doctor yesterday and she prescribed the lowest dose of zoloft 25mg. I took it last night and it made everything worse. I was having the craziest thoughts in my head and I felt like i had no control. It scared the shit out of me. So now that it has worn off I feel like a bad mother for even thinking that way. I cant stop crying and Im scared to be around my child I called the doctor asap and she told me to stop taking it. They sent a referral to a counselor but it wont be til next week. I dont want to be around him alone and I have no desire to even take care of him sometimes. And the anxiety is through the roof! I just wanted to get it off my chest and get a little support. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2012, 01:48 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)

Welcome to MDC.  I'm sorry you are going through this tough time.  Do you have anyone who can come and stay with you for a while?  At least until you get in to see the counselor?  Please don't be afraid to ask for help.  You're not a bad mom and what you are experiencing is common.  I haven't gone through it myself, so hopefully someone who has can come along with a BTDT, but I saw you had no replies and just wanted to pop in to offer some cyber-love.

Bring back the old MDC
Old 06-02-2012, 02:40 PM

Hugs Mama! I think blessedwithboys is right. Do get someone to come help you. My sister went through that with her first born. I don't have much to add except if you can check with a good nutritionist, that's what I would do. I have read (but not yet delved into) that nutrition can really help with your feelings. I'm sure you're a great mama, this is something you can beat. You'll overcome it. You're a strong woman.

Frequent Auto Correct Victim. Sheepish.gif

Loving the (mostly) organic country life as a SAHWM . Married to my hubby since '08heartbeat.gif, Ana born at home 11/12 slingboy.gifdust.gif

Old 06-02-2012, 10:32 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Hugs Mama. These are normal classic symptoms of PPD. A lot of women go through exactly what you are going through. You are not alone. Reaching out for help and support is exactly what you needed to do and you have done that here and with your doctor as well. Kudos! 

In the mean time, I hope you have family that can help you with the baby? Read around this forum too, as many before you have written similar posts.  I find, it always help me to realize that I am not the only one.  

User Tag List