Questioning if I have depression... does that mean I have it? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 08-17-2012, 05:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My baby is 4 months old. We've had a wonderful time so far and she is a wonderful baby. I'm feeling super tired and groggy the last week or so. DD sleeps in a co-sleeper and nurses while laying down, so getting up to feed her is not an issue and I think I'm getting enough sleep. My mood swings are very intense right now too. I take out my frustration and anxiety on my DH and even my dog! I'm not enjoying this new me at all! Do you think I might have postpartum depression? I am thinking about seeing my OB about these new emotions. It's been really hard. My baby is so sweet right now and I am just too tired to even enjoy her. I feel like I have a pillow stuffed on my head all the time. 

Mom to 1 1/2 yo DD with another due in Jan '14 heartbeat.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 08-18-2012, 08:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

i'm sorry that you are having a difficult time right now. have you tried the edinburgh postnatal depression quiz? it is a screening test that will give you a good idea if you need to seek further help.

http://www.fresno.ucsf.edu/pediatrics/downloads/edinburghscale.pdf

i really don't think there is anything wrong with seeing your OB if you have concerns about how you are feeling, your mental health is worth it.

Midwifery student , Mama to my 4 amazing kids. treehugger.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page