Questioning if I have depression... does that mean I have it? - Mothering Forums
Postpartum Depression > Questioning if I have depression... does that mean I have it?
CoziLovr's Avatar CoziLovr 06:01 PM 08-17-2012

My baby is 4 months old. We've had a wonderful time so far and she is a wonderful baby. I'm feeling super tired and groggy the last week or so. DD sleeps in a co-sleeper and nurses while laying down, so getting up to feed her is not an issue and I think I'm getting enough sleep. My mood swings are very intense right now too. I take out my frustration and anxiety on my DH and even my dog! I'm not enjoying this new me at all! Do you think I might have postpartum depression? I am thinking about seeing my OB about these new emotions. It's been really hard. My baby is so sweet right now and I am just too tired to even enjoy her. I feel like I have a pillow stuffed on my head all the time. 

mandib50's Avatar mandib50 09:42 PM 08-18-2012

i'm sorry that you are having a difficult time right now. have you tried the edinburgh postnatal depression quiz? it is a screening test that will give you a good idea if you need to seek further help.

http://www.fresno.ucsf.edu/pediatrics/downloads/edinburghscale.pdf

i really don't think there is anything wrong with seeing your OB if you have concerns about how you are feeling, your mental health is worth it.

Up