Mothering Forums

Mothering Forums (http://www.mothering.com/forum/)
-   Postpartum Depression (http://www.mothering.com/forum/28-postpartum-depression/)
-   -   Am i wrong? (http://www.mothering.com/forum/28-postpartum-depression/1364646-am-i-wrong.html)

Lisa HattieMae 09-30-2012 04:02 PM

Im nine months pregnant n ive been in the house for the last three months straight for the last three to four months. I dnt have a car n i cnt really walk too mich because of the pressure on my legs. Lately ive been be Ty depressed, sad, suicidial, havin anxiety attacks, rushin to get this pregnamcy over with, n jus wishing i never got pregnant. When i ask family or friends or the child father to come get me out of the house because im gettn depressed, they jus talk aboit how stupid i am for being deressed n suicidal. Then they ask me why someone else cnt help me. So am i wromg for being like this. Either way i cnt help it amd the sadness, crying constantly, n suicidial thoughts wnt go away.

justgonnadoulait 09-30-2012 05:42 PM

Oh sweet mama!

I'm sorry your family isn't supportive. They may be doing/saying what they think is helpful or supportive, but please don't listen to the harsh things they say.

I think there are three things that make a big difference in pregnancy:
Support
Hormones
Nutrition
Exercise

For the support try local mom groups, craigslist, birth class or a pregnancy exercise class. The pool might be a great way to meet people and exercise without the weight on your legs. I think it's pretty important for you to get out, even if that means you walk around two blocks three timess a day.

And eating good food can make a huge difference. Home cooking with grains, veggies, fruits and meat. Vitamin D3 can make a huge difference in your emotions and mood along with omega fatty acids.

You are not wrong to know you need more than you are getting. That is actually really smart.

I have to go, but you can pm if you want to. joy.gif

tangledblue 09-30-2012 07:38 PM

Also, if you are having suicidal thoughts you can call this number and they can help you: 1-800-273-8255 National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. 

Good for you for coming here for support. You are right to want to get out of your house because staying in all the time can be depressing (and gets even harder after baby comes.) Line up help now for baby as much as you can. Ask at the hospital if you need extra help aside from your family, they might be able to have a visiting nurse come or something. 

I am sorry you are having such a hard time and I hope you can find the support you need. You will love the baby but they are a lot of work and make it hard to sleep! so don't ever be afraid to ask for help wherever you can find it. Do you have any friends or family members whom you can count on? Let us know how you are doing. 

Emaye 10-01-2012 06:17 PM

Hugs, Mama!

No, you are not wrong in expecting the people around you to be more supportive.  I am sorry you are not getting what you need from others around you.  Like previous posters suggested, it may be time for you to seek comfort else where.  Maybe you could come to these boards more often?

Please remember to take good care of yourself.