Feeling alone - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-30-2012, 01:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi,

I just had a beautiful boy 2 weeks ago and also have a 5 yr old.  I have a history of depression the last ten years, and with this pregnancy needed to be on prozac starting in the second trimester.  The last week and half I cry all the time, I feel bad for my family, ecpecially by 5 yr old having to see mommy always crying.  My doctor increased my dose a few days ago, but have not noticed a change yet.  The last couple days my baby has been very jittery and does not sleep well, so I don't.  I found out it is probably withdrawl effects, which don't help me any.  My husband helps a lot when he can, but don't have time to take off work.  Also, all our family is over 1000 miles away.  I have friends that I work with, but when I could use help they are at work.  I am missing my family like crazy, and wish I could feel better.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 10-31-2012, 12:01 PM

I found myself in a similar situation after my baby was born. I hadn't been on my meds while I was pregnant- pregnancy was good for my chemical levels I guess but had to go back on them quickly after the baby was born. Can you afford a postpartum doula or can you find one that is in training so that you can pay less? I live in NM- I don't know where you are but if you are here I'll help. It will get better. Have you asked any family to come? Maybe if you are direct with your needs someone will come.

#3 of 5 Old 10-31-2012, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter

I live in FL.   I did not need meds with my first pregnancy, but this one I last until 20 weeks.  I really can not afford anything extra, otherwise my husband could stay home more, but he don't have time off.  Also, my parents were going to be here, but the week before delivery my dad got pneumonia and was in ICU for a week, he is better but still in hospital because is still weak.  They still are coming but it could be a couple weeks still.

#4 of 5 Old 11-03-2012, 02:10 PM

Have you felt a change yet with your dosage? Have you reached out to anyone locally and asked for something specific like taking your daughter on a fun outing so you can relax with baby? I didn't ask for help after my baby's birth but I found out later when I was out of my cloud that people just didn't know what to do with me and I seemed okay to them. Much love.

#5 of 5 Old 11-16-2012, 01:25 PM

i too have a young kiddo-3- and a baby-6 months. i am very lonely and sad on and off. i live in florida too so pm me if you want to see if we are near each other. hope we both get some companionship soonhug2.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page