feeling really low - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-18-2012, 02:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have been struggling with anxiety and depression since my son was born 26 months ago and in the last couple of months it has gotten worse after going through a picky eating phase.  I have been worrying constantly about what he is/isn't eating and how I should be dealing with it and it has taken its toll.  I know it is normal for toddlers to go through this, he is otherwise healthy and happy and has plenty of energy and sleeps well, so everyone is telling me not to worry, but I still can't stop worrying about it.  The more I worry, the less capable I feel of getting through it, which makes me fearful of the future and what other challenging stages he might/will go through.  I just don't feel like I can do this anymore. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 05:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You have plenty of company in the worry department, and it's true that toddlers often go through a picky eating phase. For any depression, good food (with variety), fresh air, sunshine and exercise all help. Taking an afternoon walk with your son may help you feel better. Positive affirmations can also help. Positive affirmations do not have the words "not" or "try" in them. So "don't forget" is negative, while "remember" is positive.

My suggestions should not interfere with any other treatment. I hope there is improvement soon. Have you talked with a therapist about the depression and anxiety?

User Tag List