accepting the change - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-07-2013, 12:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello everyone. I just had my baby boy 6 weeks ago. I am having a VERY hard time accepting the big change. I LOVE my baby boy very much but I'm having a hard time getting used to having him around. Before our baby my boyfriend and I were VERY close and now that our baby is here were so
distant. I am also dealing with really bad anxiety. I'm a new mommy and I keep thinking about a million things that can go wrong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2013, 12:33 AM - Thread Starter

I also feel like I've lost who I am. I feel as if I don't know who I am anymore. I was a very confident and secure person and now I've lost those things..I don't know what to do anymore. Please help.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:37 AM

hug2.gif Hugs to you mama! I know this is a very difficult time and everything seems so tough. Getting used to you new life can be hard for some people. You're not alone in this though. Is there other mom friends you can connect with? Sometimes having a conversation with someone else makes you feel human again. Is it possible to plan a date night at home with you and your boyfriend while the baby sleeps? Sometimes, especially in the beginning, it was the little things that meant the most. Cuddling on the couch during a tv show or just sitting down and talking about our day helped a little. Everyone is learning how to adjust right now, you'll find your new groove! I know it. 

Working from home Mommy. You can too. Ask me how!joy.gif

me loveeyes.gif & she surf.gifpartners.gif  TTC one of these makebabe.gif Proud Mommy to two of these energy.gif

Old 01-07-2013, 12:53 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you for ur help! smile.gif I've talked to a few friends but none of them have had feelings related to mine which kind of makes me feel bad.. I love my baby Im just having a hard time getting used to it because right now I don't like it. All I think about is how my life was before my baby and what I wud be doing if he weren't here which I know make anxiety and things worse for me. I just don't know how to stop this form of thinking. Yea me n my boyfriend can do things when the baby is sleeping, I never thought of it cuz I've been trying to just cope with the big change.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:36 PM

Instead on focusing on your old like look foward to your new one! If you dont babywear think about getting a good carrier like an ergo. You obviously can't go to clubs and stuff, but you can go to the mall, lunch with friends, stuff like that.

It also sounds like you might have a case of ppd. Which happens to a lot of women after giving birth. Perhaps talk to your doctor about getting a medication for depression/anxiety.

I hope youre feeling better soon. These precious new baby moments wont last forever. Maybe that will help you grt through this time.

me loveeyes.gif & she surf.gifpartners.gif  TTC one of these makebabe.gif Proud Mommy to two of these energy.gif

Old 01-08-2013, 01:42 AM - Thread Starter

My doctor perscribed me meds(zoloft). I'm hoping they will help. Everyday i try to focus n only think about my new life but its the biggest struggle ever..I wnt give up tho.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:42 PM

It sounds like you're on the right track. Good for you for having the strength to ask for help!

User Tag List