New mom 2 month old son and struggling with depression - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-14-2013, 11:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi I am new to this forum and had my son Giovanni November 13 2012. I think I started to realize I was not feeling myself fairly quickly after giving birth just feeling sad kinda hopeless stuck in a rutt if you will I am 24 years old have a very supportive family and partner and just cannot seem to get myself out of this gloom and doom if you will I do not want to take medication due to bad experiences in the past I just want to be around and talk to people that can relate and maybe give me some tips because when one goes through this you feel alone and I know that I'm not I know I can beat this I just am not sure where to begin ... I just wanna be happy my son is the best thing that could of ever happened to me so I feel guilty for feeling sad or frustrated and upset all of the time . Help please
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 01-19-2013, 11:37 AM

Things that can help even though they are hard to do.

Every morning make yourself get up and get dressed.  Go outside before noon and take a short walk, even if it is just around your yard. 

There are natural herbs and vitamins that can help with depression, some work better then others for different people, see if you can find a natropath or similar type of care provider and see what they have to say.  In the past I was told to take extra Omego 3s, and 5HTP.  Some people do great on st johns wart- it did not do anything for my depression. 

Try to make use you are eating as healthy as you can get as much fresh fruits and veggies as you can.

oAlisha- eternal companion to mike:, mother to three energetic boys (02):, (05), and (07) and one sweet little girl 3/13.  Two in heaven.7/21/2010, 11/05/2011 mecry.gif.

#3 of 4 Old 02-23-2013, 08:21 AM

Hell newmom729. I am alao in you shoes. I do not feel I have severe ppd but my anxiety is quite high since giving birth. Somethings I have found helpful are
Getting outsiew with or without baby
Listening to music I love and dancing
Taking a long warm bath while partner tends to baby
Keepng a journal and making sure to praise myself when I accomplish a goal
Opening up to friends. Especially important to find the right balance of visitors. ..too many was overwhelming not enough was isolatin
I am also looking for a non medicated way and have found it helpful to search self help websites and resources. Feel free to pm me if youd like an online support friend
Good luck to you!! smile.gif
#4 of 4 Old 02-25-2013, 03:33 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

HI, I also suffer from pretty rough ppa with ppd at times.  Deailedlace, I really liked your lineup of supplements on one of the previous posts, Im doing many of those too.  Its hard to just get to the anxiety with supplements, you have to retrain your brain, which is a serious struggle of mine.  I am also looking for nonmedicated ways, my counselor just keeps wanting to throw meds at me and I keep resisting, but its hard to find other women that are going through this in that way.  I dont judge others that want meds, and certainly, if I felt absolutely desperate, i may try it, but at this point, I just feel that there has to be some path to working through this.  I'm also terrifed of meds. 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page