Sad and Alone - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 02-02-2013, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum. I have been dealing with post partum depression since june of 12' I really dont know what to do at this point. I am on medication, I am seeing a therapist, I meditate, I do everything. Now my husband is gone for a month and I feel so overwhelmed. I have such bad anxiety. I get so scared with the what if's. Like what if I hurt my baby. It is scary. All my doctors tell me it won't happen, but in that moment i feel so alone and lost. I don't know what can possibly help me. I am such a loving and caring person and right now all I want to do is cry.

#2 of 2 Old 02-02-2013, 09:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey, AstroBlue. I am sorry to hear that you're struggling with postpartum depression. I wanted to write and share my experience. I didn't have postpartum depression, but I did end up in a horrendous depression after a miscarriage and being told that my husband and I would probably never have any other children. I had the miscarriage in June '09, we found out about the infertlity issues in November of '10.  I had a breakdown in January '11 after being depressed for a long time. I'd refused to get on medication because we'd been trying again after the miscarriage--before we got the infertility diagnosis--but after the breakdown, my choices were get on meds. or be hospitalized. I got on medication but still had a lot of depression symptoms--crying, fatigue, inability to focus, suicidal impulses--and it was all very frightening and isolating. I had the urge to hurt myself, and that terrified me. My heart goes out to you.

I'm sure that you're a good person and a great mother. How old is your baby? Do you have only one child, or more?

I wish that I had some magic words to say that would make everything OK for you, but sadly, I don't. Try to hang in there. It sounds like your doctors are sympathetic--maybe you should go in and talk to them? Maybe you need your meds adjusted. My doctor was very kind. He listened and I trusted him.

Do you have any friends or family nearby who can help you? Any clergy person with whom you could talk?

There is always a light at the end of the tunnel, I will say that. It is SO easy to loose sight of that. I felt like I could see no way out of my situation either, for a very long time, until I took charge of things. I allowed myself to grieve for the child I lost. I also began researching our infertility issues. I found an exploratory treatment online, asked our family doctor, and we went for it. I'm currently 15 weeks into another pregnancy. There have been some issues so far--I still grieve the child I lost, and I've struggled with some autoimmune issues--but I just keep pushing myself to keep going and think positively.

Has your doctor checked you for any physical issues? (I'm assuming that he/she probably has). And do you know what may have caused your depression--like a bad birthing experience? I have heard that progesterone supplements may help some women.

Best of luck to you, and you aren't alone, although it may feel that way. I hope that my message will help you to feel better. Depression is a very difficult situation.

TizTaz5, wife of a wonderful husband and mother of an angel (lost June '09) and two rainbow1284.gif babies born in July '13. Great things really do come in pairs!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page