FEAR OF BEING ALONE - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 02-10-2013, 08:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am going on about 6 weeks with PPD and Anxiety disorder with treatment. Meds and therapy. I have a 3 month old daughter. My Psychiatrist said the fear is usually the last thing to go unfortunately, but I was just wondering how many of you deal with the fear? In the mornings I have this pit in my stomach when I know my Husband is going to work. My mom has been staying with me. I do not like being alone either. I know nothing is going to happen but every time I think about it, I get this pit in my stomach. Do you guys have any techniques, or sayings, or practices that help you? Please? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 02-13-2013, 09:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm not sure if you read my PPD story that was just posted on here, but I had a really hard time being alone. Lukily my husband worked from home for the most part, but if he had to leave my mom or friend would keep me company. What helped me was getting my anxiety under control with meds and getting out of the house for walks each day. I started doing maybe one or two things alone with my baby. I also prayed all the time and kept trying to keep my thoughts positive. For me, once the meds kicked in I really started to feel like I could handle things. You're only 6 week pp so give yourself time and accept all the help you need. You'll eventually get to a good place. Promise!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page