I just want to cry... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-17-2013, 10:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So after I had my second son ten months ago I got really sick. Sinus infection, Kidney infection, mastitus and just in a really stressful time. I got really depressed and anxious. Diagnosed with post partum depression, went on zoloft. I've been so healthy otherwise before and never experienced anything like this. Just weaned off zoloft a month ago. As far as the depression goes, I am doing alright. However the "nagging anxiety" has not really gone away.One top of this....and this is my main question is that I have experienced EYE FLOATERS ever since a couple months post partum. They are SOOOOOO annoying and adding to my anxiety. I love to run and be outside and these things frustrate me.

I know I need to just accept them and "ignore them" as doctors don't give a crap about them. I've researched the heck out of them. Tried vitamins, herbs, eating super healthy, exercising etc. I am getting rhinoplasty done in a week to fixed a svere deviated septum. I'm hoping that will help clear up the sinus issues I've been having. I've felt like fluid in my ears for the past few months and blowing clear fluid out of my nose for a while. I've also read the Candida and eye floaters/anxiety might be connected? I've tried anti candida diets, anti fungals too...

I just don't feel right. I so desperately want to feel like myself again. Is this just going to take more time? Is this still Post partum depression not going away? Anyone experience vision issues post natal? I try to take one day at a time I want to be a good mother to my sons, but I just feel awful..still, ten months later. 

Any advice?? Help??

#2 of 4 Old 03-18-2013, 08:20 AM

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)

can anyone give this mama advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3 of 4 Old 03-18-2013, 11:03 AM

First of all, I'm sorry you're having such a difficult time. About the floaters... I get them when I don't drink enough water. Maybe you already have that addressed, but I was shocked to read that nursing mamas need 115+ ounces per day! I thought I was doing good when I was taking in 60-70. Also, I've read that adding lemon to water helps make it alkaline so the cells can use it faster/more efficiently. Maybe try that??

For my anxiety, I'm seeing a counselor via Employee Assistance Program for free. And I believe in the power of prayer, so I try to pray and ask for help managing the existing anxiety and help discerning what I should worry about from what I shouldn't. I also try to do "reality checks" with my husband (who doesn't have intense anxiety) to see what he thinks should be a legitimate concern and what I should try to let go.

I just started counseling a few weeks ago, so I'll post more if I get good advice/techniques from her. It's good that you're reaching out though! You can get through this, and it will get better!!
#4 of 4 Old 03-29-2013, 07:37 PM

Help on the way! Have you ever used homeopathy before? I can help you. I'm a trained homeopath. Just send me a PM. 

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page