Not sure if just normal depression or PPD - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-22-2013, 09:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm now 3 weeks post partum and I've been having an incredibly tough time. I've always had a low self esteem but never this bad. I went shopping to get clothes that fit me again but every time I tried something on I just though I look horrible and fat and I wouldn't buy anything. My husband does know I have this problem but he just compliments me but that doesn't always make it better. We have been fighting alot as of late too. I get very irritable and angry when I have to ask for help for the baby or if someone isn't doing something right. And on top of that I've thought what if I just died would it be easier for everyone? But I usually snap out of that soon because I know my baby needs me. I don't know if I'm just depressed or if its PPD please help. I have no one to talk to who really gets it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2013, 11:14 AM

I do not know a woman alive who shops for clothes 3 weeks post partum that is asking for trouble. The rest sounds pod like. The anger and so on. But you are only. 3 weeks pp. Its hard to say what is hormones at this point and what is more serious.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:39 PM - Thread Starter

I had to go shopping
I gained a lot of weight with this pregnancy and it came off quickly and now its slowed but I still don't fit in my previous clothes. I just feel helpless. I hate fighting with my husband it makes me feel not good enough and lately its if I'm pleasing the baby my husband suffers and if I'm pleasing him the baby suffers

User Tag List