No Forgiveness - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 09-08-2013, 08:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It has been 9 months since my ppd. I had it from the day she was born. I was 17, and when I was pregnant I was happy as ever. I could not wait for her. Me and her father were in a rut though. Always fighting and a lot of stress. When she was born, my ppd hit me. I wanted nothing to do with her. From the moment of her birth, I just didn't care. I couldn't even tell her I loved her because I didn't feel anything for her. She was just a crying tiny person. When we brought her home I hated everything. I used every excuse in the book to get out of changing diapers, feeding her, etc. I was tired and angry and it only got worse. When she was a month old, her father left me for another woman (he had cheated on me with her). I got so frusterated with everything and the idea of losing my 'perfect' family that I became more depressed. I would yell at her and cuss at her. I would tell her I hated her and that she should have never been born. I considered adoption. I would sometimes leave her there to cry and I would cry with her. I would yell at everyone. One night I got to a point that I dropped her off at a friends and then left. I tried to kill myself and ended up in the ER. They ended up sending me home but switched my medication. My new medication has cleared up my ppd. I still however have nightmares of the first few months. I can't seem to forgive myself for abandoning her and not loving her. I feel like a shitty mother and I just cry sometimes. I get so frusterated. Anyone have similiar problems??

#2 of 2 Old 09-08-2013, 09:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

i want to just give you a big giant hug! :hug

i am so sorry your start into motherhood was so hard. but the meds are helping, and that is a great thing. you can not change what happened, but you can move forward and forgive yourself and love on that baby you have. ppd is such a big deal i just don't think we hear enough about it, not truly. thankfully you got the help you needed and you had a safe place for your daughter. 

many many hugs

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page