Just need to talk it out. Third baby and another case of PPD. Questions about BF and anxiety? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-28-2013, 06:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So I have had PPD with all three of my children. I just had my third three days ago...I know this time around it isn't as bad as with my previous two. I started 50 mg of zoloft around 35 weeks and once I had my son increased it to 100 mg. I know it takes more then 4 days for it to start fully working but these days are always the hardest. I was hoping I would be able to avoid it this time around but I guess not..I really don't want to give up BF..I did with my previous two because it got so bad and with my first I ended up in the hospital. The BF is going pretty well and I want to keep it going like I said but my anxiety is getting so bad..I am normally on anxiety meds before I was pregnant and had him..I have been off of them for a year. Is there any anxiety meds that you guys have heard of that I can take and still BF? It doesn't help that I have had my third csection and in a lot of pain..thanks in advance..

#2 of 5 Old 10-28-2013, 10:11 PM

No advice, just a hug for you. And a bump so hopefully you can get some answers. <3

Wife to one amazing husband superhero.gif, SAHM to DS bouncy.gif 10/09, DS babyboy.gif 10/19,  one furbaby dog2.gif, and lots of chicken3.gif!

joy.gif

#3 of 5 Old 10-29-2013, 05:37 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks

#4 of 5 Old 11-02-2013, 08:09 PM

hi, I just wanted to suggest trying babycenter's postpartum depression anxiety and related topics board.  the women over there are so helpful.  This board just doesn't seem to have a lot of members supporting it.  I too had terrible ppa with my third, I somehow managed to get by without longterm meds, but still have residual and situational anxiety and still consider that I may need meds to help at some point...Good luck and sorry you are suffering.

#5 of 5 Old 11-04-2013, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluck12 View Post

So I have had PPD with all three of my children. I just had my third three days ago...I know this time around it isn't as bad as with my previous two. I started 50 mg of zoloft around 35 weeks and once I had my son increased it to 100 mg. I know it takes more then 4 days for it to start fully working but these days are always the hardest. I was hoping I would be able to avoid it this time around but I guess not..I really don't want to give up BF..I did with my previous two because it got so bad and with my first I ended up in the hospital. The BF is going pretty well and I want to keep it going like I said but my anxiety is getting so bad..I am normally on anxiety meds before I was pregnant and had him..I have been off of them for a year. Is there any anxiety meds that you guys have heard of that I can take and still BF? It doesn't help that I have had my third csection and in a lot of pain..thanks in advance..

I don't really have any advice either. I have had 3 children all by c-sections. But I only had PPD with my second child. She was my first girl and was very hard to take care of because she was colicky and never stopped fussing or crying for like the entire first 2 years. She is now 11 years old and very dramatic and fiesty still but I love her to death! I would suggest talking to your doctor. But I wouldn't do drugs if at all possible. Breastfeeding is best for baby and you can't do it if you are on drugs. I had no PPD with my last child because I breastfed her and it was wonderful!

Single (divorced), self-employed working, college student MOM to:

17 yr old

11 yr old 

4 yr old

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page