not sure if I have ppd - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-09-2014, 06:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So here's my story not sure if I'm just depressed but I don't have anyone to talk to really so that's why I'm here. I have 4 kids my newest is 4 weeks old and he's on an apnea monitor. My 21 month old is a girl she's delayed and never stops crying and she's always sick. My oldest girl is very advanced but has a smart mouth. She's 4. My step son is 13 he pretty much hates the world. Well I'm bipolar and I was doing OK until now. I could handle everything like chores kids and my husband with barely no sleep. Now I feel overwhelmed and like I don't want to deal with anything. I don't hold my new baby son I just don't know why I feel detached. I'm seeing a therapist and psychiatrist but I'm scared to tell them how I really feel. I just want to lay in bed n never get up. I just don't know how I was fine now I'm all messed up. Anyone experience this?
#2 of 3 Old 03-11-2014, 01:49 PM

We've probably all felt like this from time to time....stress, hormones, being at home with kids all the time - especially kids with special needs. The only thing I can tell you is this, when you feel like you just want to curl up and do nothing -DON'T. Force yourself to get up, take a shower, put on some "real" clothes (not the "I'm sitting around the house in my sweatpants all day" outfit we all love so much) and do something - anything. Of course, in an ideal world you could ask for some hands on support from your husband and family (don't know if that is an option for you - it generally is not for me because of his work schedule and my nearest family being 2 hours away) while you went out and did something for yourself or just took a long nap. As far as getting all the chores done, I know that personally I have to have a schedule and a daily list. I break stuff up so I'm not doing the same thing everyday - like doing all the wash on one day, scrubbing the bathroom on another - like one big project per day, plus the things that need to get done daily. If you are seeing a therapist and not telling them how you REALLY feel, I would say that you are probably cheating them out of actually helping you. 

#3 of 3 Old 05-29-2014, 10:29 PM

Tell your doctors. It could be something that is beyond you and they are there to help. You need to take care of you first as best you can so that you have something to give. ESPECIALLY if you're bipolar. You have a tough load! The more you talk about it the better you'll feel. If you feel like you don't want to get up all the time, you may just need some help getting through this rough patch. Don't let yourself sink too deep. Tell your doctors!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page