my emotional state - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 06-05-2014, 10:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
my emotional state

Hi,

I am 6 months pp after a traumatic c section. I love this forum. It has helped me so much. I have ppd and I am on medications. My question is as follows.

In the postpartum period I have this intense want to reconnect with my first love . It didn't end very well.

The story goes like this.

I had a boy who said he was in love with me.If knew my parents will never approve of him and I didn't want any frivolous relationship. So I just kept him as a friend. But I did want to be his girlfriend. I thought somehow the situation will get better, maybe I'll be able to convince my parents, he will be waiting for me etc. Suddenly one day he told me he is engaged to someone else. It broke my heart and made me really depressed.
Now my question is this. After talking about his engagement, he asked me I really liked him didn't I?? This particular question is so confusing to me.If he had that doubt how could he agree to marry someone else?
I just want to know if it was real love or was he playing me.Please tell me what you think. It'll help me see it for what it was and help recover. I am not brave enough to open up about this to anyone else.
Thanks
#2 of 2 Old 06-06-2014, 09:24 PM

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
First I want to give you a hug because having pp is not an easy ride.
On the other note I'd let it go right now with the boy you knew. You have a new baby and your state is so much more important. In addition, he's married now and it's been done. He may have been confused but aren't we all. It possible to sometimes love two people. I saw it worked out the way the universe wanted it to and if for some reason the stars align for the two of you to be in each other lives, well then it will happen on its own.
Hug yourself and be gentle. You made the right decision for what you knew and had experienced at the time.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page