My Intro - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-03-2004, 01:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi! I have been Lurking on Mothering.commune for quite awhile now, and decided that it is time for me to finally post. I've been a little shy. This is my first one!!! I have gotten so much support just by reading all of your posts, I'd like to thank you for that.
I have been dealing with post partum depression since my daughter was about three to four months old. She is eight months old now. I finally got help when she was six months old. I was to the point where I could barely function day to day. At first I did not think that it was postpartum depression, because I felt so connected to my daughter. I did not understand that you can be depressed AND love your baby at the same time. I was admitted into a local womens hospital on a partial hospitalization where I recieved therapy, both individual and group. The doctor suggested that I start Zoloft. I was hesitant, but i knew that I needed SOMETHING, I was at my wits end. I am now on 50mg of Zoloft and i am feeling better. I feel calm, patient and am becoming happier day by day as I slowly emerge from this dark depression. I had been feeling really guilty about being on medication and breastfeeding. I kept thinking that I might be doing some harm to my daughter. I had been trying so hard at "natural parenting" and felt that I was failing by being on medication. I was so happy to see that many of you are in the same boat as I am! You all have made me realize that I can parent naturally AND take care of myself by taking this medication.
Thank you for listening, I'm sorry if I was rambling, but it feels so good knowing I am not alone!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2004, 04:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
That is absolutely wonderful!

I am so glad that reading the posts here has been helping you. :

No worries; we like ramblings here.

I know what a miracle it is to come out of the depths of despair. Please let us know how you are progressing. You never know who may be reading!

User Tag List