daugher's 1 yr. old--is it normal to still have postpartum issues? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-31-2002, 10:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
karenhillary- I am so sorry about this. I had the exact same problem. It has been about 6 weeks since they made me stop nursing Matthew and put me on those drugs. It still breaks my heart. The thing you need to keep in mind though is that it is best for you and your baby. The higher your hormone levels get, the worse you will feel and that will affect your ability to be the best mom you can be (my levels were very high, and I had no patience, was crying all the time, very cranky, moody, too tired to effectively take care of my son, etc- not how I want my son to see me). Also, your thyroid hormones are going through your breastmilk into your baby. My son stopped gaining weight from 9 months through 13 months, the dr was very concerned about his inability to gain weight. We later realized it was because my thyroid hormone was being passed to him and it was affecting his metabolism (along with the rest of his system, sleep, appetite, crankiness, etc.) While it is important to breastfeed if you can, it is more important that we not affect our childrens health negatively by passing this hormone or the drugs we NEED to take and by fixing our health, we will benefit our children by being the terrific moms we are. I hope this helps you, I do know exactly what you are feeling, because I was (and still am) there. Please don't feel guilty about not nursing, we need to know that is what is best for our babies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List