Feeling good, but.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-21-2003, 02:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey everyone!

For the past week, I have actually felt GOOD! I have been feeling like myself again. DD was poopy this weekend, made a mess everywhere. DH was upset and I told him "look, is she ok? are we ok? if yes, then it is not a problem!" This is more like me instead of worrying about the mess and the yuck and everything. I am so happy!

However, I worry that my period will throw me off. Has anyone had more depression during their period? I don't know if anyone has this trouble or not. I like feeling happy and controlling the panic attacks, but now I am panicking over the fact my period should show up in 2 weeks and I might go down again!
HELP?
#2 of 6 Old 01-21-2003, 03:00 PM

Foo...I am happy you are feeling good this week!

as someone who has not suffered from depression of any kind, i read these threads with a heavy heart. just want to say i am rooting for you and the other mommies, and offer support.
#3 of 6 Old 01-21-2003, 04:59 PM

Foo,

Just concentrate on the GOOD feeling and don't worry about what is to come (easier said than done, I know!).

As my mother always reminds me, "If there's not blood or fire involved, it's not a crisis." Maybe I should make that my sig line, so I HAVE to read it every day!

As for the poop, would it help if you told dh that M has not had a poopy diaper yet this week that hasn't required an entire change of clothing and thoughs of a bath? Yesterday I went through three shirts, two pairs of pants and she went through two outfits. Amazingly enough A (2.5) was in one the whole day!!
It is not unusual for babes to blow out the diaper every time.
#4 of 6 Old 01-21-2003, 08:00 PM - Thread Starter

trying to stay positive, but dd just came down with the Norwalk virus again. Poor kid was vomiting this afternoon

I hate when she's sick. I was sick yesterday and I thought I got it from her, now feel like I gave it to her!

Sigh...why is it hard to focus on just being somedays? I think I sometimes just get scared of feeling good? KWIM?
#5 of 6 Old 01-21-2003, 09:47 PM

Foobar, my cycle has A LOT to do with how I am feeling. I have been GREAT the past week and a half since my period ended. About a week before it starts things start to go downhill for a couple weeks until it ends then it seems to go back up again. I figure I get half a month where I feel good and half a month that is pretty dicy as far as my anxiety goes.: At least if I have to feel bad it might as well be while I've got my period.
#6 of 6 Old 01-22-2003, 04:36 PM

I'm sorry to hear you both have been sick. How are you two doing now? I hope she gets over it quickly.

I always feel more down when my period starts. Hard to know if it is just PMS or part of the Depression. I guess it comes from both.

I try to take it one day at a time and enjoy the good days. And just hang on through the bad.

HUGS

Brenda

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page