Depression or bad attitude: How do I know?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 03-13-2003, 11:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, here I am, still, on the fence. I had a bad week and actually did call to make an appointment, then called back to cancel. I agonized over it and just kept going over the pros and cons. One big CON is that I'd have to leave my kids with my MIL who I just .....well, you know.... She's actually great with them and my #1ds loves her--I just have such a hard time with it--but that is a whole other story, and probably not the real reason I cancelled. Still have my unfilled Zoloft prescription from my GP, and still haven't talked about it with DH (the prescription or the appointment I made then cancelled).

So, anyway, how would I know if this is actually a "no-fault" clinical depression, or if I am just going through some self-pity, or having a bad attitude? I can't really explain what I mean here. I don't know ... I woldn't really change anything about my life. I love my husband and kids, being a SAHM...we have a nice life. So, it isn't that I hate what I am doing (tho' of course I'd like more "me time"). By all rights, I should be happy--instead, I'm just irritable, angry, and have no interest in anything. Maybe it is just my personality??

Does anyone follow me here??
#2 of 2 Old 03-14-2003, 03:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey there,
I'm kinda on the fence right now too. Life is great, my birth was beyond my wildest dreams, the kids are heatlhy, Dh's job has a promising future (finally) we are getting a new car, going to start saving for a house, I have new dipes in my stash, well you get the picture. But I've been cranky and irritable and yelling at the kids all the time. I have not been pretty to live with lately, I do believe. I don't know whats up wtih me these days.
I wish I had more advice but I do totally understand what you are saying.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page