New mom-crying jags-feeling afraid of everything - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-25-2007, 11:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My baby girl is 5 days old and already it feels like I am walking her down the aisle...I feel like I am losing my mind. Everything scares me...her getting big, someone hurting her, I can't not have her right next to me all night because I am afraid she is not breathing....

When do the hormones start to subside? And should I wait it out or try to start treating ppd now?

Kara, Chad, dd L(5) and ds E(3) and expecting baby E on Valetine's Day grouphug.gif~We are a home-birthing, baby-wearing, home-made, co-sleeping, no-vax, crafting(both of items and of magick!), green living and loving family in Southern NH

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 01-26-2007, 02:19 AM

Because I'm not as crunchy as most on here and have experienced PPD twice now, I'd say run to your nearest doctor and get treated. You definitely have the symptoms, although it could just be typical new mother fears... but from my own experience, it really does sound like the beginnings of PPD. If you feel like you can't live like that, which I couldn't, definitely seek out treatment instead of suffering. Your babe needs her mama. It took a lot for me to realize that myself in the beginning - but I had to do whatever it took, medications, therapy, and considering hospitalization, to be a better mama in the long run.
#3 of 4 Old 01-26-2007, 03:58 AM

Congratulations on your new baby! Remember, a new mom was born the moment your baby was born-treat yourself gently and spend lots of time snuggling and sleeping. A tincture of motherwort helped me with those fear feeling (and crying). Can your midwife suggest something? Homeopathy can be helpful, too; you may want to consult with a professional. It is very gentle and typically safe when breastfeeding. Lots of relaxing postpartum herbal teas (while reading back issues of mothering!) can be helpful too. There are lots of blends out there. Music, also, can soothe your soul.

Lots of love...
#4 of 4 Old 01-26-2007, 01:06 PM

It's pretty normal to feel really emotional for the first week or two after giving birth. Your hormones are all out of whack right now. If you start to feel worse then I would call your ob, but it is pretty normal to feel a kinda : after birth. Congratulations!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page