is this PPD? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 04-01-2007, 12:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am wondering if I am dealing with PPD? If I don't have something to do, anything, I will become incredibly anxious with heart palpatations/sweating/diarreah/sleeplessness. I have to keep myself busy by doing anything, even scrubbing the corners of the house... My newest symptom is severely missing my son when he is napping or if I run to the store w/o him.

my son is 8 weeks old, born via unplanned c-section.

Thanks.

:
#2 of 5 Old 04-02-2007, 01:21 AM

I don't know. I don't even know what I have.

treehugger.gif Alisaynovax.gif,intactlact.gifUsed to be a fly-by-nursing1.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif, SAHM to three slinggirl.gif, all by ribboncesarean.gif, then they grew up. mecry.gif

Now I am a WOHM, college student, single mama. praying.gif to be belly.gifbfinfant.gifcd.giffamilybed1.gif, buddamomimg1.png, to a littlebabyf.gifagain someday. stillheart.gif 

#3 of 5 Old 04-02-2007, 06:08 PM

It sounds like you are trying to keep very busy. Do you think you may be avoiding thinking about your c-section? That could also explain being overly worried about being away from your son. I wouldn't call it ppd just yet but I would try to make peace with having had a birth experience you didn't plan for.

Mom to a bright & energetic 6 y.o. boy  blahblah.gif   With my sweetie for 10 years now  blowkiss.gif  Registered nurse  caffix.gif

#4 of 5 Old 04-07-2007, 02:24 AM

Anxiety is definitely a large component of my PPD/PTSD. I think different people manifest depression in different ways--for some it is endless crying and dark thoughts, for others ever-present apathy and lack of energy/motivation, for others anxiety and panic.

Take care of yourself, keep an "eye" on your symptoms, and remember that there are lots of women here who are always available for support.

#5 of 5 Old 04-09-2007, 12:23 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I don't know if it's considered a symptom of PPD but I had the same feelings after my children were born. My last child was very difficult, never sleep early on, very colicky, got sick a lot, etc. She was very hard all the time but even when I left the house for a bit I would miss her terribly even though she was a tough child to deal with. I also stayed so busy caring for her when she needed me that when I had a spare moment I definitely did not know what to do with myself and would become anxious. So I did a LOT of walking back then. I would put her in her stroller and walk her around the neighborhood. But I also had PPD in other ways as far as being extremely moody and depressed so it was all compounded. I wasn't on any drugs back then either.

19 yr old
12 yr old
4 yr old

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page