Emergency - Mothering Forums

#1 of 4 Old 09-21-2007, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok.......... Here's my story :
I have a 3 year old and a 4 month old. I had ppd with my oldest and it went away after 10 months, without meds. I took them at first but they didnt do anything so I stopped.
Baby#2 was planned. Had a semi-rough pr. but VERY easy l&d. About a week later noticed I hadn't bonded and just wanted to be around my 3 yr old. Took Wellbutrin for 2 weeks but couldn't remember to take it, and went off. Felt better than I had before I started taking it and all fine and dandy. Now baby has SERIOUS acid reflux and is on meds for it, but they aren't working. All she does is SCREAM. And SCREAM. It's 4:38pm right now and she's only slept 86 minutes today, since 7am. I get enough sleep at night and my dh helps when he is home, but he's away from home no less than 11 hours a day, sometimes up to 13 hours.
Things are starting to unravel. I miss my 3 year old's time. I miss it being just us. I get VERY angry at poor 3 year old randomly (never physically, but I've all of a sudden turned into a yeller). There is no form of discipline with him that works (we've tried it all) so thats taking a toll also. Main problem though is that I CANNOT get any time to myself during the day. I cannot go to the bathroom without holding the baby. I cannot eat when I need to, so I end up eating a TON at the first chance (and therefore haven't lost ANY baby weight). We are not nursing and I am so resentful at having to hold a bottle for her. I just want her to go to sleep and give me a break. Just a small one. I need my identity back!!!
I was driving today and the baby just screamed bloody murder for 30 minutes...and I called my family doctor to see if they can get me on some anxiety meds and some other antidep. and they can't see me for 2 weeks!!!! I told them it was pretty much emergency and they said I'd have to wait. I don't know what I'm going to do!!! I'm at my end!!! Is there anything I can do NOW????????? I was holding her today and just...growled. I won't EVER hurt my kids but I can't go on like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 09-21-2007, 06:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Please put a call in to a therapist. You can find one through Family Services if insurance is a problem, but a therapist will get you in asap and will get you a referral to a doctor. Otherwise, call your OB or midwife and they can get you in sooner. You should NOT have to wait for meds, especially when you have been through this before. Your OB or MW should have had you on meds right away, since you are at higher risk for PPD after having it once before.

Just know that you are going to be okay. Get out the phone book and start calling now. Check out PSI for referrals to therapists in your area who can get you in now. You will feel SO much better once to take the first step.

I don't recommend getting meds from your family doc, anyway. They don't know the meds like psychs do, and they tend to give out a lot of bad info.

Mom to two beautiful boys, now in school to be a therapist and help other women with PPD.  

#3 of 4 Old 09-21-2007, 06:22 PM

Can you go to an overnight clinic? If you tell them what's going on maybe they can prescribe something, since you've been on something before. You might also try your OB/Gyn if you have one. They told me before discharge about PPD and to call immediately if anything came-up and they would call something in. mom0810 has a good idea too if you can find someone. Also, do you still have the Wellbutrin or would it still be a valid prescription? If so, that could be a quick option as well.

#4 of 4 Old 09-21-2007, 09:16 PM

First of all, mama.

Secondly, you need to find a way to get the help you need, and if it is meds then I agree with pp who said to talk to your OB or MW. They should be willing to help you with whatever you need: script for meds, or a referral to someone who will give you one immediately.

I'm going through it too, and am here if you ever need someone to vent to. Feel free to PM!

Kier: wife to Jared, mama to Emma ('05), Savannah ('07), and our newest little love Reid (June 30, '09) -intact because of all of YOU! I had an ecstatic birth, at home in the water!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page