Will 25 mg of Zoloft do anything? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-10-2003, 03:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Have been denying PPD (or just regular"D") for over a year now. Got a prescription for zoloft from my GP in March, and just now decided to fill it. It is for 25 mg. Will this do anything at all?

I was on Zoloft years ago and it worked great. (Don't remember what mg, but it was probably 100 or more) I stopped it to get pregnant with my first son & have felt good without it until the birth of my second son, 17 months ago.

I tried to get a therapist, too, but the %$%#@&* insurance and appointment-making process is too overwhelming for me right now. Am hoping when the fog clears, I'll be able to do it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2003, 02:43 AM

I wish I knew if Zoloft was effective in 25 mg quantities. I personally take 100mg daily to have an effect, but I do know that it differs in everyone. Why don't you give it a try and see what happens? (Easy for me to say, right?)

I want to ask Jish what dosage she was on before she completely weaned the ssri's. She's taking a break for a bit to get in those afternoon pg naps. Sigh... oh the life of a pg woman!!

I'll try to get back to you in a couple of days.
J

P.S. LOVE your sig line!! My little one just did the same thing as Denny.
Old 08-12-2003, 12:59 AM

I was on 50mg before I weaned. I think that is the typical starter dose. I switched from another ssri and was on 25 for a week and noticed no difference. I guess if it doesn't work you can always go up. 50 or 100 mg may sound like a lot when you compare it to other ssri doses (I was on 10mg of Lexapro) but they don't work that way. My 10 of Lexapro was about the equivilant of the 50 of Zoloft.

Good luck.
Old 08-23-2003, 08:13 PM

25mg for Zoloft is considered a starter dose and probably won't do much. I am on 50mg and will probably be going up to 100mgs soon. I started at 25mg while I was breastfeeding, but after I weaned I went up to 50mgs. But I think I will have to go up to 100mgs or more, we'll see
Old 08-25-2003, 10:16 PM

I am on 200mil of zoloft. I started out on 150 in my third trimester cause I was going through ppd then. Then she boost it up to an extra 50. So far so good. Sometimes it works sometimes it dont. My shrink said u can take a extra pill during time of the month. But Iam not going to try it. I cant believe I still have ppd and he is almost 6mos. They say in the books I am reading that people with previous depression that me get worse. Go to www.zoloft.com
Old 12-06-2003, 05:57 PM

If your still interested 25mg works for me. Any more than that and I get increased anxiety. 25mg and I feel great. The only thing is it generally takes 6-8 weeks for it to start working for me.
Have you tried it yet? What was, if so, the outcome?
Old 12-07-2003, 12:23 AM

Is the 25mil working for you? If its not speak to your doctor...Just checking in seeing how u are doing?

User Tag List