s to you. I just can promise you something: it will get better in the future
. There's nothing worst than seeing our new baby crying with out beeing able to understand her/his needs
plus working as much as you do must be absolutely hard. If your Mom can stay with you that would be great, and will give you confidence too. Your husband probably also feels overwhelmed, a new baby is such a big change in our lifes and it is not easy, your situation is very common. I'm sure the appointment with the doctor will help you a lot.
I also don't BF now and maybe this tips can help you out with the colic of your DS:
- To prepare quickly all the bottles use the blender and then let it rest until the foam is almost gone. I use to prepare at least 9 or 10, 6 ounces each, and if for what ever reason I don't use them in 48 hours, I throw the formula away.
- May be you can change his formula. After I had to feed her with formula only, I changed to Carnation Good Start and worked wonders. This is the most digestable in the market. Of course check with your pediatritian first as the change has to be smooth.
- I bought "Dr. Browns" bottles. They have a new system that takes the air of the bottle and I could tell the difference in one week.
- Warm each bottle after feeding him. A warm bottle also helps if he is teething. Of course not hot, but warm.
-Throw away any unused formula after one hour.
-Burp him after 1 or 2 ounces. Try to burp him with his stomach down, over your knees or chest, this helps the air get out faster.
- Give him a warm bath if he is very fussy, this will help him to calm down.
- If he calms down with the hair dryer, you can also try other gray noises: vacum, washing or dryer machine, blender or the white noise from the TV (but don't let him close to it as it's stressing for him, also a trip on the car it's very relaxing.
- To help him sleep, you can use some Mozart's music.
- When he cries so much also change his diaper, I did it almost each hour when my dd was that young. For sure, every time your ds eats and wakes up he will need a diaper change.
- When he is sleep and after you notice that the REM movement in his eyes stopped, talk to him, tell him how much you love him and that some times you feel confused when he cries and you don't know why. Tell him how much you are looking forward for both of you to calm down and understand each other better. He will "listen" to you
This things helped me a lot, I'm a new mommy too
. Soon you will start to see lots of new and exciting things: his first smile, the first time he tries to grab something, his hands getting an stronger grip, lots of wonderful faces... You two are new in this, and both need to learn so much from each other. Also please don't let him sleep in the couch, try some nights to take him to your bed, put lots of pillows around if that makes you feel comfortable, the sound of his breathing close to you will relax you, even if you don't believe it now.
That little one is so happy to be with you
, don't have any doubst about it.