those taking zoloft for PTSD/PPD/anxiety... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 06-11-2008, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
what is your "therapeutic" dosage? i'm on 50 mg and the psychiatrist is thinking we should maybe up it. she says many times PTSD/anxiety patients need higher doses to have maximum effect.

dissertating wife of Boo, mama of one "mookie" lovin' 2 year old girl! intactlact:: CTA until 7/10 FF 1501dc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 06-11-2008, 03:36 PM

i'm currently taking 100 mlg. i was up to 150 for a while, but felt it was too much for me, and i was tired allll the time. going down to 100 has been just fine for me, and honestly i think i'm ready to go down to a maintenance dose. we'll see what my therapist thinks.

both therapists i've seen for ppd have said that the anxiety and ocd symptoms are the last to improve, and might respond better to a higher dose.

as long as you increase or decrease slowly, and with the help of your therapist, you'll be fine. you can always go back down if the increase isn't helping.
#3 of 6 Old 06-11-2008, 08:39 PM

I was on 150 for about a year. i am starting to go down 25 mg every 2-3 weeks. Just started last week, so currently taking 125. I know some people do not like meds, and I had a lot of problems with xanax, celexa, etc. 9I have trouble with meds in general) but Zoloft (actually, generic Sertraline) has helped me A LOT! I feel like I am the person I have always wanted to be. I was diagnosed with OCD with PPD.

HTH

Julieknit.gif, DP to modifiedartist.gif, mama to DD (7)dust.gif , and DS (5)joy.gif

#4 of 6 Old 06-11-2008, 08:46 PM

When I was on Zoloft for PPD, I was on 50mg and felt great. I kind of plateued at one point, and we upped it to 100mg and I felt like a crackhead, so we went back down to 50.
#5 of 6 Old 06-13-2008, 12:04 AM

i have been on zoloft 100 mg since 1999 and It has helped control severaanxiety dis order, I even stayed on it while pregnant and nursing, I was lucky it worked for me that is why I still take it. some meds will work differently for people may work and might not...good luck
#6 of 6 Old 06-13-2008, 11:27 PM

I just made a switch from Lexapro to Zoloft three weeks ago. The 50 mg of Zoloft is doing nothing for me. At my appointment next week, I think I will ask to try 100...

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page