zoloft - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 42 Old 11-14-2008, 08:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ok. i've been doing really well for the last 4 days and now i feel like i'm backsliding a little today. i was so excited about getting 100% better. i am still day 11 of zoloft. should i up my dose? obviously not w/o talking to my doctor and midwife but i cant talk to them until monday...is the backsliding during the first two weeks normal?
#32 of 42 Old 11-14-2008, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyS View Post
ok. i've been doing really well for the last 4 days and now i feel like i'm backsliding a little today. i was so excited about getting 100% better. i am still day 11 of zoloft. should i up my dose? obviously not w/o talking to my doctor and midwife but i cant talk to them until monday...is the backsliding during the first two weeks normal?
Oh sweetie. I'm sorry you're having a tough time today. What's going on?

joy.gif Wife to  geek.gif,  mama to  reading.gif,   guitar.gif, fly-by-nursing1.gif, and thumbsuck.gif - bonus mommy to  loveeyes.gif!  homebirth.jpghomeschool.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

#33 of 42 Old 11-14-2008, 09:03 PM - Thread Starter

Its nothing like it was last week....just a little down and I have had a couple little mini anxiety attacks--not really attacks, just that sweaty prickly feeling for a couple seconds...and I've been tired all day. I think its normal, I guess i just need to hear someone else say that it is!
#34 of 42 Old 11-14-2008, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyS View Post
Its nothing like it was last week....just a little down and I have had a couple little mini anxiety attacks--not really attacks, just that sweaty prickly feeling for a couple seconds...and I've been tired all day. I think its normal, I guess i just need to hear someone else say that it is!
From what you're saying, it sounds like you feel it's a normal progression and you've improved. I'd maybe give it a few more days and see. Even on an antidepressant you're still going to fight normal emotions at times. The key is to not feel so horrible *all* the time. Keep us updated through the weekend so I don't worry about you, would you??

joy.gif Wife to  geek.gif,  mama to  reading.gif,   guitar.gif, fly-by-nursing1.gif, and thumbsuck.gif - bonus mommy to  loveeyes.gif!  homebirth.jpghomeschool.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

#35 of 42 Old 11-15-2008, 12:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Totally normal to have some "breakthrough" anxiety like that. What you are going to do now is, through therapy, to learn how to overcome those. And what you will learn is, that you CAN. I think your dose is fine, I would not up it until after at least a month on the same dose.

Mom to two beautiful boys, now in school to be a therapist and help other women with PPD.  

#36 of 42 Old 11-16-2008, 02:08 AM - Thread Starter

Just popping in to say that I am doing so well. i think yeseterday was just a little anomoly. ANyway, this feels so good to be myself again. Thanks for your support. I'll keep you updated...but today was the first day that I think i could say I was 100% better...I know I still have a ways to go--but I feel ready to tackle it!
#37 of 42 Old 11-17-2008, 03:34 AM

::::

Yay!! So happy for you!!

#38 of 42 Old 12-25-2008, 12:17 AM - Thread Starter

well, i feel like i have backslide slowly and today i woke up and realized that i am super depressed again. my mw thinks i should up to 75mgs but i am so afraid of the side effects that i had when i started...has anyone uped from 50 to 75 and had bad side effects?
#39 of 42 Old 12-25-2008, 07:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
The side effects would not be bad, probably. Maybe some headaches, just slight. It should not be bad at all. If you need it, do it. 75 is still a baby dose.

Mom to two beautiful boys, now in school to be a therapist and help other women with PPD.  

#40 of 42 Old 12-25-2008, 10:16 PM

I would definitely increase your meds. I have been on meds for about 5 months and I still have tough days. Everyone has bad days once in a while, yk. I have recently begun to think I need to increase my meds also. I just wanted to let you know that your not alone...it's really hard to have fluctuations in our moods because it makes us worry we're having a setback or it's going to get bad again. Just try and keep a positive mindset and when you having a bad day, just try to accept and not ruminate too much.

Hugs

"Breastfeeding is a robust, biologically stable activity so central to our evolutionary identity that it names the class of animals to which we belong" (Breastfeeding Atlas, Third Edition)
#41 of 42 Old 12-26-2008, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom0810 View Post
The side effects would not be bad, probably. Maybe some headaches, just slight. It should not be bad at all. If you need it, do it. 75 is still a baby dose.

I'm sorry you're having a hard time. With my last baby I started at 25mg and slowly increased all the way to 100 mg. I was on that for about 6 months (should have stayed on a little longer) and now that I'm pregnant I'm on the 25 mg again. You may feel some slight side effects, but it shouldn't be anything like when you first started taking it. Good luck, mama. We all know how crappy depression is and I think it's wonderful that you're being proactive and reaching out to people!
#42 of 42 Old 12-26-2008, 12:23 PM - Thread Starter

thanks guys... so far just a little nauseous....

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page