late onset ppd? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 11-12-2008, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had no symptoms after my baby was born other than the first week or so of baby blues. She is 9 months now and I feel like I've been going downhill since she was 5 or 6 months. Can ppd kick in later? I feel like I'm losing my mind.

A, WOHM hoping to be a SAHM married to E (7/7/01), mama to R :: (2/8/08) : : hopeful for ::
#2 of 7 Old 11-12-2008, 03:13 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
YES. PPD happens any time in the first year and beyond.

Mom to two beautiful boys, now in school to be a therapist and help other women with PPD.  

#3 of 7 Old 11-13-2008, 12:15 PM

I was just about to ask this same question. My babe is 5 mo. I don't feel like taking care of him, myself or my older child. I don't want to be around anyone or do anything. I'm calling my midwife today, my thoughts have became really scary.

Breeder Mama: = wife to an amazing man + mama to J-Bear (07/02) and E-Train (06/08), nanny to Little Bird (07/10).

#4 of 7 Old 11-15-2008, 11:18 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Breeder - yes, please do call your MW.

Rainashine - I had PPD start at 9 mos. when my dd1 started walking and whining ALL THE TIME. Yes, it can start any time in the first year. Does anyone in your family know how you're feeling?

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#5 of 7 Old 11-18-2008, 09:56 AM

breeder, I am so proud of you, i read it on your blog.
This must have been hard, but it will be worth it! <3

rainashine, give your midwife a call, & tell your friends / family that you could do with some help. It might be difficult to ask for help, but they will support you.
#6 of 7 Old 12-02-2008, 01:31 AM

That's about when the wackiness hit for me. A pdd support group was very helpful, as was just giving myself permission to get less "done", take care of myself more and be honest with some of my mom friends about how I was feeling (and some of them felt the same, and no one judged me). As they say - you never hear a man crying because his kitchen floor is dirty. What we do to ourselves with our thoughts.

When I get pg again, I will be taking fish oil all the way through and beyond, it seems to help my moods overall.

mama to two DD's, 7 and 3 (3 rounds of IVF and more FET's than I can remember)
#7 of 7 Old 12-03-2008, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrunningmama View Post
That's about when the wackiness hit for me. A pdd support group was very helpful, as was just giving myself permission to get less "done", take care of myself more and be honest with some of my mom friends about how I was feeling (and some of them felt the same, and no one judged me). As they say - you never hear a man crying because his kitchen floor is dirty. What we do to ourselves with our thoughts.

When I get pg again, I will be taking fish oil all the way through and beyond, it seems to help my moods overall.
My baby is 17 months & my PPD is back w/ a freaking vengence! The fish oil DD seem to help for awhile,but this past week has been HELL. I have no insurance,no money to go for help. My DH is getting laid off from Dec 19 to Jan 5,so there goes Christmas. I am a SAHM and my son has cerebral palsy. I think I am losing my mind. No one to talk to at all.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page