We need a miracle (x-posted, again) - Mothering Forums

#1 of 1 Old 12-08-2007, 05:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ETA: I just wanted to thank the few folks who have contacted me to help out- you are true angels!! I am now all set on the coat, but could certainly still use the grocery cards, or gas cards. Also, I am in need of bras! Mine are falling apart and only thought of requesting them when a mama asked what I needed for me!
Thanks again!!

I am sorry to x-post this again, I just really don't know where else to go. I got 2 responses, one of which was able to help me (thanks so much, you-know-who-you-are) but since haven't heard anything. I am just so scared about what is going to happen, I figured I would post this again here and see if it is allowed. Thank you for reading!

Hello all. This is very hard for me to post, but I have to. I have to look for help where-ever we can find it. DH is barely working (landscaper) for the winter, and until it snows, we are in some very real trouble. I have been working like crazy to support the family and it is catching up with me. I have shingles (I am ONLY 30!!), and finally after almost a week of treatment, have been cleared to go back to work and put me on prozac r/t the stress. But, we are still in some serious hot water.
The short story: I am almost 2 months late on the mortgage. If I don't get a full payment together before the 31st, we go into foreclosure.
The power company has threatened to shut us off, but is willing to work with us and now has handed me a minumum payment that is still more than I can come up with, so I don't know what I am going to do. And they CAN shut us off, because we have oil heat. But if they do, I won't have an oil burner to run. I don't get how they can do that. And we make JUST over the minimum for public assistance, so we get NOTHING from them!
But, there was an angel at the oil company that allowed us to take a delivery, but I don't have enough money to pay for it. I haven't told them yet.
I have to pay the $160 propane bill by the 14th or they are going to turn us off. Thankfully, we only use the propane for the stove/oven.
I have cut the phone down to the basic and basic internet (which I can't cancel anyway b/c it will void a contract and I will owe $100 canc fee, and the tv is down to basic ($10/mo)
On top of the basic needs of life, I did get grocery shopping this week but will have no money for groceries for the rest of the month. I have to pay mortgage or they are going to foreclose.
I have gained weight since last year, and my coat doesn't fit. Right now I am using a sweater-wrap that is NOT enough with the 20' mornings. I have no Christmas gift for DH, but he is OK with that. We agreed a while ago that no gifts for each other. Luckily, I got in on the big toy coop before the hit the fan, and DD has some gifts for Christmas morning. The only thing I am missing for her is a 'backpack' harness/tether system. I don't even have the $$ for a tree! So our IL's are loaning us their fake tree. And freecycle has been awesome, DD now has snow boots and a bib snowsuit. Most of her clothes still fit OK, so she is good for now.
And, there is no $$ coming in from what DH is able to do with the business b/c he can't even pay the business bills and is very close to losing the truck and tractor which will leave us open to lawsuit come spring when we don't have the equipment to fulfill his contracts. This he just told me last night:
And then there is gas. I have a guzzling minivan that I can't WAIT to sell, but we owe more than it is worth right now, and with the late payments to places our credit stinks. I am driving as 'efficiently' as I can but have to drive 35-40 min to work, through the hills of New England.

I don't know if anyone can help us. I wish beyond wishing that I had realized what we were in for before the Holiday Helpers deadline came, but I didn't and so here I am.
If anyone has any room in thier hearts left to help yet another needy mama, please PM me. I am desparate.

Thank you (Really, thanks so much for reading this far)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page