Starting to write again... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-17-2008, 06:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think I am going to start writing again. I've written before, a long time ago - but my work always turned out badly because I didn't have the patience to finish it properly once I'd started. I'd get over excited and mess up...

Well, in the subsequent years, I've gained even more life experience, an now I thin I'd like to give it a go again. I've decided not to go back to my old job, you see - one that was highly stressful and took me almost permanently away from my family. I also paint, so I'll be doing that as well. I also sing...but I'm not sure what the heck to do with my songs so that's on hold until I run across some proper leads in that department.

All in all, I'm creative. I need to be creative and express myself, not work for a corporation. It's scary, just packing it all in, because hey - like everyone else, I have bills to pay. But it's less of a choice, and more of a need and my body saying "enough - you aren't going to do this anymore".

So here I am!

How are you guys doing, and is this something you do for fun, or work, or as a way of life? Do you support yourselves this way (I know there will be differences between people, obviously )? If I were, say, to write a half-decent novel or such, where would I go to try to get it published?

I'm so new to this...can you tell? *cheeky grin*

Anyway *HUGS* to all, and I am so thankful in advance for any guidance you can offer me XX

Mama to Josie , lost 10/10/08 at 37.4 weeks .
and my rainbow baby, Isobella Mai ...born 1/12/2010 ! in profile...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 12-17-2008, 08:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Congrats! Glad to see you picking it up again. :-)

I've been focusing on non-fiction writing at the moment. It began out of necessity but I actually really enjoy it now.

Angela <><
#3 of 3 Old 12-22-2008, 08:11 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
JayJay,
You are a beautiful writer. I just read your post in Grief about your daughter and I was moved by what you said but also by how you said it. Truly you are very gifted.

I have not hung out in this forum because it scares me.
I have been a paid writer for many years but then I stopped. I have been sucked into my ds school, which is good on one way but miserable for me on another.

Maybe 2009 will be the year I hang out in this forum. sigh.

anyway, big hugs to you JayJay.
I predict a pregnancy for you in 09.

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page