Green Living Topic Open at About.com - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 04-07-2009, 09:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just thought I would pass this along. Thought that somebody here might be a good fit. If you are interested, my advice is to apply ASAP. The order the AP is received does make a huge difference.

I am currently in the "training" process and should find out next week if I get in. If anyone does apply and get accepted, I'd be happy to share feedback.

QUALIFICATIONS:

The ideal Guide for this site would be a journalist who has published articles on green architecture, organic gardening and/or green living in general. Alternately, he or she could be a professor of green studies, or a published author on the topic. This person should have a compelling writing style and be able to explain complicated topics to a beginning-level audience. He or she must be familiar with HTML and writing for the Web.

PRIMARY AUDIENCE:

The primary audience for this site is people who are people who are interested in living in a more environmentally responsible way. This includes folks who are making small lifestyle changes as well as people who are building brand-new green homes. It should also serve as a gathering place for people who have been participating in green living for years, and want to share stories and advice.

Description:

TOPICS TO COVER:

Green Living at Home

* Easy ways to save energy around the house

* Cheap ways to pull off an eco-friendly room renovation

* How to set up and organize a recycling bin

* DIY natural cleaning agents

* Product reviews of natural/green products

Green Living on the Go

* Green car care (ex., product reviews of waterless car washers)

* Tips for greener travel

* How to go green at the grocery store

* Alternatives to plastic containers

General Info

* Decoding recycling symbols

* Decoding certifications and labels

* Greenhouse gas emissions 101

* What is upcycling?

Info on how you get paid: http://beaguide.about.com/compensation.htm

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page