Mothers Writing Group began in 2004 as a space to write and share our work consistently, host workshops and to offer and receive feedback from fellow members. Since then it has grown and changed along with the shift in today's media. Content worldwide is now commonly shared in both print and digital formats, with some publications shifting entirely to the web.
To keep up with the times while supporting and continuing Mothering's original intent of sharing written work in a round table format, we will also discuss life as a mother, blogger, reporter, editor and more.
- The discussion of our writing will of course lead us to talk about our sites, blogs, published works, etc. However, Mothering prefers members post their blog or site content here at MDC to enrich our community rather than directing members from MDC threads to their blogs or websites. Posts that self promote by linking to your own blog, website, and articles, or asking a member to come to your site or email/pm you for info about your business/what you do/how you make money/etc are not allowed and will be removed from the boards with an alert per the User Agreement.
- Please do not post asking people to visit or leave comments on your blog. This is considered promotion which is disallowed per the User Agreement. We all want comments on our blogs .
- If you want to advertise/announce the fact that you have a blog you want people to go and read, you can do so only by purchasing a Signature Package, or by placing an 'ad' in the WAHM Market for a very small fee. Membership packages may be purchased here. Signature rules are here.
- If you would like your blog added to our MDC Mama Bloggers list, please go to this thread and follow the instructions to be included.
- What is a Signature Advertising Package?
- It allows advertising text (up to a two line maximum, no larger than default size font of MDC) and a hyperlinked site or business name (or URL) in your signature line.
- If you choose the Business Signature + Avatar package, you can put a picture under your username.
- It permits you to place a thread both in WAHM Connect and the new WAHM Market (opening very soon!!), a subforum within the Trading Post with higher visibility!
- It can be purchased in the UserCP under Paid Subscriptions.
- How can I get a critique of my blog or site if I cannot link to it?
- We periodically host a Critique My Blog thread. Please sign up! We'd love to help you.
- If you wish to request submissions for a publication from which you or your project may profit, you must have explicit written permission from the forum administrator, georgia.
- Discussing how to best monetize your blog or website takes a thread into a 'business promotion' discussion, as do threads regarding websites where you get paid to write and/or per page view. This is ok (without links) , but these threads must be placed in the WAHM Well, where there are specific guidelines in place to host money-making discussions. Any sort of money-making thread will be moved with 0 point reminders (or 1 point alerts for multiple moves).
- If you have any questions or concerns about MDC's Policies, send a private message to the forum administrator, georgia.
Thanks for your cooperation and understanding. Let's have fun!