Mothering Forum banner

Postpartum Depression Short Story Turned Into YouTube Movie

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  CaSuSa 
#1 ·
Hello,

My name is Carol. I gave birth to several children and experienced postpartum depression with most. Actually, I guess I suffered from just plain old depression a lot of the time also. That changed when I joined a short lived TV Network called TPN. It was a 24 hour motivational channel. After listening to all the speakers and listening to tapes by people like Brian Tracy I was able to gain a completely new perspective on my life. I also learned that excercise and cutting out most refined sugar helped. Recently, "The Secret" DVD's teaching of the Law of Attraction helped also although I do not take it all as gospel.

Several years back I wrote a short story trying to help people who have never experienced postpartum depression understand the feelings of helplessness, despair, fear and guilt. Yesterday I put some pictures with it and made a "movie" for YouTube. I was hoping that some of you could watch it and give me some feedback. I knew that a short story could only give a hint of the misery of PPD but I had to try.

The ten minute movie is called Floating Skyward.

P.S. A couple years ago I was unable to sleep much for a few days. Weird. It ended up feeling really similar to the way I felt after having the babies. I guess a lot of the problem is simply new mom's not getting enough sleep. Sleep depravation could make the most sane person start to lose their grip on reality.

See less See more
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.