Writing a non-fiction book? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 06-25-2009, 03:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone else doing this? I've toyed with mine and sketched out ideas so now I'm getting ready to start my formal outline. I'm not sure what is a realistic goal to get it out, but I'm looking to self-publish and get it out by September 2010. Of course, now I'm thinking that is going to be too soon, but I want it to come out in August/September and I think 2011 is too far out. (It follows the Hebrew calendar which starts in September/October.)

Miriam , mom to jumpers.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 06-25-2009, 11:12 PM

mimid

(don't know if you remember me but we were in the same due date club!! )

i have several non-fiction books in my heart that i hope will find their way into print in the very near future!

ultimately i would like to publish traditionally, but right now i'm working on self-publishing a collection of my parenting essays from the last five years. a friend is laying out the book for me and i'm going to print through lulu.com.
#3 of 6 Old 06-29-2009, 01:54 PM

I've been working on two different ones for the last couple of years. I've put them aside for now because, well, I'm just not that into me right now . Hopefully, at some point, I'll pick them back up. For now, I'm working on fiction. My nonfiction is just literary journalism right now.

Wendy ~ mom to VeeGee (6/05), who has PRS, Apraxia, SPD, VPI, a G-Tube, 14q duplication, and is a delightful little pistol! I'm an English professor and a writer.
#4 of 6 Old 07-16-2009, 10:58 PM

I've never written book before, but I would very much like to write my friend's story of living with cancer. We had our first taped interview today, and I am also working on a timeline as well as thinking about the themes and takeaway messages of the story. I'm setting a goal of 2 years, but really I have no idea.

Are there any good references out there for non-fiction writing?
#5 of 6 Old 07-20-2009, 09:47 PM

I am technically working on one right now... I haven't got very far, though I really just need to put aside the time and do it, it actually might have to wait until this winter when I have more indoor time. We will just see. How do you ladies stay inspired to do it?

~Jasmine - Hunka Hub 8/07 - Mini Man 6/08 ~ Blog in profile! ~ Supporting Mothering through the WAHMarket ~
#6 of 6 Old 08-05-2009, 07:17 AM

I stay inspired because I'm a member of a like-minded writing group who keep pushing me onwards, though like a previous poster, I'm getting rather sick of myself and my story now. It has been three years!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page