would you try this job? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-15-2009, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
so i sent an email for more information on a freelance gig and got a bit more than i was looking for, the websites that they need reviewed are "adult" ones! they are looking for 12 150 word articles per week about dirty websites.
now this isn't exactly my cup of tea but the $ seems really good. does anyone work with or know anything about writers guild?
would you do this? i'm not sure i'm going to follow through on this but wanted to get some feedback.

raising and growing in the green mountains.chicken3.gif

#2 of 4 Old 07-15-2009, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermontmomma View Post
so i sent an email for more information on a freelance gig and got a bit more than i was looking for, the websites that they need reviewed are "adult" ones! they are looking for 12 150 word articles per week about dirty websites.
now this isn't exactly my cup of tea but the $ seems really good. does anyone work with or know anything about writers guild?
would you do this? i'm not sure i'm going to follow through on this but wanted to get some feedback.

sure if it was concentual adult sites. But everybody has their comfort level..go with your instincts on this one.
#3 of 4 Old 07-17-2009, 02:17 AM

My only concern would be viruses from those sites, since they seem to be primary targets for them. Would the company you would work for provide your computer, virus software/updates, or "insure" your computer in case a virus attacks?
#4 of 4 Old 07-17-2009, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmamato2 View Post
My only concern would be viruses from those sites, since they seem to be primary targets for them. Would the company you would work for provide your computer, virus software/updates, or "insure" your computer in case a virus attacks?
As long as you have a good anti-virus program installed (many great ones are free, such as Avira Antivir), this shouldn't be too big of a problem.

If the money was good enough, I wouldn't have a problem doing it. Like you, it wouldn't be my first choice, but I'm also not really opposed to it.

Newly single, chronically sleep deprived mama to my little wild thang wild.gif, born 11/17/12 

fly-by-nursing1.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page