NaNoWriMo 2009 - Page 8 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#211 of 232 Old 11-18-2009, 09:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone

I have been MIA for 10 days... and I wrote maybe 600 words while I was gone. My mum took a sudden turn for the worse and I had to pack, and DS and I jumped on a plane with four hours notice. I didn't make it home in time and missed saying goodbye by about 6 hours. It was a whirlwind ten days... 14 hour flight, followed by immediate planning for her funeral as soon as we arrived at the house, notifying friends and family and finding something to wear... I left here last Sunday, arrived on Tuesday morning, and did not stop until Saturday when I hit a wall. It's amazing how you can run on adrenaline. I haven't had time to grieve and it still feels so surreal. But I haven't been in the mood to write and while I was ahead when I left (on track for 75K) I am now a whopping 12K+ behind. I need to catch up and make it 50K cause I want Scrivener at 50% off!

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

#212 of 232 Old 11-18-2009, 10:02 PM

Bella Catalina--- many many gentle hugs. .. I am so very sorry for your loss... I'm proud of you for wanting to plod on with NaNoWriMo, but please take it easy on yourself.. Take the time you need to grieve.. if you need to put that grief into your writing, if you can..

Praying for you and your family during this difficult time!

Kym
#213 of 232 Old 11-19-2009, 03:06 AM

I'm so sorry, Bella Catalina.

Mirta, I am drinking a pot of coffee a day. It's awful but it keeps the words coming.

It's not that the stay-at-home-parent gets to stay home with the kids. The kids get to stay home with a parent. Lucky Mom to DD1 (4 y) and DD2 (18 mo), Wife to Mercenary Dad
#214 of 232 Old 11-20-2009, 04:26 PM

Well, my brain is finally working again!! Hurrah!!! with much much rejoicing on my part!!! My writing is really starting to flow from me again!! It started two nights ago and hasn't stopped! In fact last night I kept getting out of bed to write more and more notes! lol

Last night before I went to bed I gave myself a little push and managed to finally reach 30K!! Still a bit behind but I'm not really complaining since the story is moving forward!! I've already managed to type 1690 words today despite my headache and exhaustion. (that included typing up what I wrote in the wee hours last night) And as I just texted my DH "well at 25 pages I finally wrote the end of my present chapter...now I just need to finish writing the middle! "

Too silly... That's what I get for writing things out of order, ie as I am inspired!

EdnaMarie I'm proud of you for plodding along... what is your word count at now... and how did your move go?... or is that still in the works?

Kym
#215 of 232 Old 11-21-2009, 12:32 AM

Mirta, so happy for you! I can't always write in order, either, but I have my trusty outline which keeps me going, even if I'm not happy, I think- It's NaNo, I can re-write!

My word count is high- 62,321 at last update. That's from 8 p.m. to 12 a.m. daily, two pages an hour, or more. I am feeling really empowered by this, because it's something I always wanted to do, but for a long time felt I didn't have what I wanted to say together, and now I do, and I'm realizing that I can make time. Squee!

It's not that the stay-at-home-parent gets to stay home with the kids. The kids get to stay home with a parent. Lucky Mom to DD1 (4 y) and DD2 (18 mo), Wife to Mercenary Dad
#216 of 232 Old 11-21-2009, 01:07 AM

wahoo! after much plodding along today I am now officially caught up on my NaNoWriMo word Count at 33,358 words... and I am still loving writing my novel, which I think is even more important.. Of course now I have to figure out what come next, but that will happen tomorrow! (hopefully!!!) (praying I don't keep getting up to write like last night.. not sure my head or body can handle that!)

Kym
#217 of 232 Old 11-22-2009, 12:46 AM

Yay, Mirta! Go you!

#218 of 232 Old 11-23-2009, 03:01 PM

I'm on track! I'm ahead actually

Come on..closing in for the finish now!!!
#219 of 232 Old 11-24-2009, 06:19 PM

I'm not quite caught up yet... At 32,199 I am still a good 7K behind, but I am catching up.

Yay Mirta, that is great... you're inspiring me to keep plodding along I also write non chronologically.

#220 of 232 Old 11-25-2009, 11:34 PM

I finished!

At just over 52000 I'm done Nanowrimo for this year!
#221 of 232 Old 11-26-2009, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allgirls View Post
I finished!

At just over 52000 I'm done Nanowrimo for this year!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

#222 of 232 Old 11-26-2009, 01:20 AM

I won by a landslide but I have so much further to go in my book. Ugh. But I'm still happy, because as we say in my house, "I'm doing it! I'm doing it!"

#223 of 232 Old 11-26-2009, 03:52 PM

Allgirls and Ednamarie, I am sooooo proud of both of you!!!!!! way to go on completing the 50,000!!!!!! I know that is an awesome feeling.... I can't wait to feel it... unfortunately I still have another 11,500 to go...

Kym
#224 of 232 Old 11-29-2009, 02:04 PM

Ok, 6,111 more words to finish my NaNoWriMo 50K.. and of course only 36 more hours to do it all in... Not a problem, right?! Of course I've inherited the cold DH has had since just before Thanksgiving, complete with sinus congestion/headache.. and I don't know if the exhaustion is due to the cold or the anemia, but it is definitely here.. Heck, whole body feels like it is in revolt... Joy...

BUT I am not giving up yet!!!!!! Even if DBIL & SIL come over to watch the game with DH, I will be writing... albeit upstairs instead of down here!! Did I mention earplugs are a blessing?!

Off to write some more!! Anyone else since working on NaNo?!

Kym
#225 of 232 Old 11-29-2009, 10:30 PM

I have 4K to go.
#226 of 232 Old 11-29-2009, 11:55 PM

You can do it MrsAprilMay!!!! I know I've written almost 4k just today!! (45 words short)

which of course leaves me with 2,156 words to do tomorrow..because I am now calling it a night and going to bed!!!! And praying my whole family falls asleep quickly and sleeps well, cause we all REALLY need it! Tomorrow I have a Dr's appt and I'm praying someone can watch DS while I go, because for some odd reason, I've been able to write a LOT in Dr's offices this month... when DS hasn't been with me!

Kym
#227 of 232 Old 11-30-2009, 02:49 AM

I saw that, Mirta- congratulations, you are ALMOST THERE!!!

#228 of 232 Old 11-30-2009, 10:39 PM

Yay, I did it! Depite 13 days on no writing at all

Mirta and Kontessa, you're both so close (you're both on my buddy list). You can do it!!

#229 of 232 Old 12-01-2009, 12:23 AM

yay! We're all winners!

#230 of 232 Old 12-01-2009, 01:14 AM

I just did my verification a bit ago!!! Official winner!!

But as I said in my email to my mom "is the Novel done.. not by a long shot... the story still has a lot more to be written.. probably another 50K at least.. and a lot of stuff will most likely be cut out with editing too, but that is for later.. tonight I simply rejoice and relax! and will soon be off to bed.."

Tomorrow I will get back to writing, at least a little bit. Tomorrow starts NaNoFiMo (National Novel Finishing Month) and while I'm not sure I'm going to finish writing the first draft of my novel in the next month, I am going to participate in it, because I want to keep up the habit I have established this month of writing every day, even if it is only for 15 mins, because something is better then nothing! I only had two days this month that I wrote nothing at all, despite the exhaustion, etc..that is something I would like to maintain!

Congrats to everyone who has completed their 50K!!! And congratulations to everyone who just took them plunge even if you are not an official winner, the fact that you took the time this month to write for the love of writing, and gave yourself that opportunity to feel what it felt like to be a writer.. That is what NaNoWriMo is all about and just doing that makes you a winner in my eyes!!

And Notjustmamie, if you are reading this... congrats on your son! I think he was a perfect excuse to stop writing!!

Kym
#231 of 232 Old 12-02-2009, 08:30 PM

Congratulations so everyone who participated and especially those of us who won! It really is like a marathon. I do want to finish. I'm about 2/3 through the first draft. I don't know if I'll finish this month because I'm behind on holiday crafting and my body can't handle the 4am bedtimes anymore. I will keep writing, though!
#232 of 232 Old 12-03-2009, 01:25 AM

I took two days off and slept 12 hrs each night, went to bed with the kiddies. But it sure was exhilarating! I'm going to go to bed by 11 from now on, even if I only get in two hours' writing. I'm now convinced I have to finish!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page