ghost writer question - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 11-29-2009, 11:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Someone approached me to write a book for them, to be a ghost writer for them. I'm not sure how it all works, but I would think that a ghost writer gets something in terms of a fee or payment up front. Sounds right to me, but then again I don't know.

Has anyone here ghost written? How did you arrange your, eh, arrangement?

Honestly, I don't need someone else's ideas, have my own WIP almost ready to query. But this would be in a different genre and very interesting...
#2 of 4 Old 11-29-2009, 11:17 PM

I wouldn't do it without some sort of contract/payment. I dont' know how it goes, is there any information out there on the web? Perhaps you can google

It sounds like a great opportunity...done right.

congratulations!
#3 of 4 Old 11-29-2009, 11:43 PM - Thread Starter

yeah, I know...I'm just lazy on a Sunday night!

I looked it up. Looks like I write it and they submit it. Love that idea! And there is a per page fee and definitely a contract. This person is already a business owner so I think they'll have resources for that. I think I'll also be writing weekly stories for their website, sort of a like a blog. I hope it all pans out. My cupboards are bare!!! Could use the bacon
#4 of 4 Old 11-30-2009, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyHawk View Post
yeah, I know...I'm just lazy on a Sunday night!

I looked it up. Looks like I write it and they submit it. Love that idea! And there is a per page fee and definitely a contract. This person is already a business owner so I think they'll have resources for that. I think I'll also be writing weekly stories for their website, sort of a like a blog. I hope it all pans out. My cupboards are bare!!! Could use the bacon

sounds like a go..in fact I would guess the more professional you are about something like this the more likely they would be to hire you!!

go for it and good luck!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page