Setting Writing Goals, 2010...what's your goal? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 12-19-2009, 11:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OK! It's about time to set a writing goal for 2010. Are you going to start your novel this year? Do you want to finish your novel? Start submitting queries? All the above?

My goal is to finish my final edits by my Birthday in March and start sending queries! I've got a good list of the first 10 agents I'm sending to, so that right there is motivation. Just have to finish my edits and WRITE a query letter... Going to take a non-credit college day course on how to do that. How do you condense a whole novel into a paragraph?! Synopsis?! One sentence?!

That's another goal: learn how to describe my novel to someone in 2 minutes or less...I'm wordy. I need to learn how to condense...

what's your writing goal?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 13 Old 12-19-2009, 11:13 AM

I am going to begin my novel. Exciting!

Nicole, wife to Sean, mother to Afton Reanne Evangeline, a natural birth at a hospital 8/17/2010 8lbs 9 oz 21 inches long.
#3 of 13 Old 12-19-2009, 03:33 PM

oh big time finishing the novel...that is my entire focus...My birthday is April & that is my goal for final draft completed. My query letter is done in my brain but not on paper. It is going to be an exciting year!!!
#4 of 13 Old 12-21-2009, 12:36 PM

I am also going to start submitting queries! Well, first I'm going to finish my current novel. Then I'm going to revise my last novel. And this novel. And then submit queries. Not sure which novel I'll try to send out first...it'll depend on which one I like better after I've finished revision...and I might query both at once, actually.

While I start working on the next novel. Haha. Sigh...I love writing first drafts...it's the part after that that slows me down!

Mama to DD, my 2/24/08 BIG KID formerly known as sling baby, and DS, my 12/23/11 train-loving, wall-climbing toddler! 
#5 of 13 Old 12-21-2009, 08:08 PM
Banned

Ha. My goal is to write. At all.

Been stuck in writer's block hell for a while now. I'm hoping to break out in 2010! I have my pencils all sharpened and I'm going to buy myself some new writing space. It can't hurt, right?
#6 of 13 Old 12-22-2009, 05:41 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisavark View Post
While I start working on the next novel. Haha. Sigh...I love writing first drafts...it's the part after that that slows me down!
I hear ya!!! I can write 4 novels right now if I could just stop there. This editing is for the birds!!!
#7 of 13 Old 12-22-2009, 05:42 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by InMediasRes View Post
Ha. My goal is to write. At all.

Been stuck in writer's block hell for a while now. I'm hoping to break out in 2010! I have my pencils all sharpened and I'm going to buy myself some new writing space. It can't hurt, right?
absolutely not! good luck
#8 of 13 Old 12-22-2009, 12:32 PM

I am going to jump in again and start writing. I did well for nearly a month this fall and fell off the wagon. It's so stupid, I love to write, and I am putting everything else before the work I love most.

So, in 2010, I will write daily. Period. If it means writing on a notebook in the car somewhere, fine. If it means 15 minutes in the early morning, OK. But there must be writing daily.

I may also invest in earplugs or similar.
#9 of 13 Old 12-27-2009, 12:00 AM

Well I'm new to this forum and new to writing a book. But it's in my head, waiting to come out. I know the title, I know the chapters and I even have parts here and there for some of the chapters. I got a Digital voice recorder for Xmas to help me get my thoughts down, when I can't write them down. But my real goal is to sit down and write. I have decided to block out a couple of evenings a week to do it. I want the book to be written by this time next year (2010). Not published, just written. I feel motivated, I feel excited and I'm ready to go. I hope to be checking in here more often!

Mindful Spirit Expo is on April 21 and 22nd. Raise your consciousness!

Intuitive Encounters business merger means discounts for a limited time.

#10 of 13 Old 12-28-2009, 02:37 AM

I'm new to the forum too! [hello!]

I am going to concentrate on my screenwriting. I have a 30 Rock spec script that is bouncing around in my head and have already requested that NBC send me the legal release form. I also have a short film that I am working on that needs finishing. Oh and the script for my friend that I owe him.

In short, I will have one finished/submitted project before spring!

Writer, teacher, and mama to Rhiannon Morningstar 6/28/05
#11 of 13 Old 12-28-2009, 02:22 PM

New to this room too! I met my personal 2009 goal which was just to WRITE, regularly, fiction. This year it is focus. I'm buried in my first mystery and my initial goal is to just finish it...and keep writing, REGULARLY, fiction.

Luck to us all,

Lucie

still homeschooling holistically with my two boys, 14 & 10
#12 of 13 Old 01-06-2010, 11:05 PM

excellent timing! I REALLY want to finish this darn novel I am working on before May, when I will begin school again. I *know* that I wont have enough time to write (at least not for pleasure) while I'm in school and don't want to put it off for another year.
So, that said I am ready for some hardcore editing... and still need to finish the ending. After a month and a half writing break I'm ready for some sleepless nights and aching fingers

Mama to my three little loveys and living the good life in the beautiful Pacific North West 
#13 of 13 Old 01-07-2010, 01:25 AM

I would like to both complete my novel and my non-fiction piece!

~Jasmine - Hunka Hub 8/07 - Mini Man 6/08 ~ Blog in profile! ~ Supporting Mothering through the WAHMarket ~

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page