Re-entering this writing thing. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-07-2010, 11:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So... One manuscript was left hanging at 35K and another one at 8.5K. Thanks to a kind mama here, who didn't stop visiting my blog, I'm getting back into it. Has anyone ever came back to their work months after you stopped?
Any tips on catching yourself up?

New endeavor coming soon...
Raising Alice in Wonderland (DSD, 17), and in love with a Superman
#2 of 3 Old 01-07-2010, 11:58 PM

I think I am on my 5th or so attempt at completing a first draft.

Unfortunately, I have usually started over. But then, before, I used to have to read a couple pages before my leave-off point to pick up and write. This go-round, things are flowing more smoothly, to the point that I read a single paragraph before and know what I'm up to.

I am also mapping character details on a separate page to try and avoid conflicting details. It's been helpful.

I have left off all over, between 10K and 60K. I'm around 7K on the new draft now.

Good luck!
#3 of 3 Old 01-08-2010, 09:23 AM

Usually when I go back to old stuff I find I hate some of us and love some of us...I have moments of idiocy and moments of brilliants...but it's something...most often I've learned something that helps me fix things up and helps me know what to delete.

Sit and read and decide. Perhaps you can set it aside after and start somewhere else, keeping it in mind in case you decide to use some of it. Perhaps you will find it still works and maybe it'll be a combination of the two.

I never permanently delete stuff.

I'm glad you're back!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page