How about 'Firsts" - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 12-19-2005, 07:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
First child, natural childbirth, homebirth, realization that you were in real labour, first time you looked into your newborns wise eyes...go to town

The whole 'first dates' thing didn't seem to be piquing much interest, i hope this does...happy :

Whatever will be, already is...

#2 of 5 Old 01-05-2006, 06:21 PM

It took me roughly two and a half minuets to get over my shock. Go to a hot spring? Be naked? In front of these people I only met this week? Ummm....o.k.

The high desert of Eastern Oregon was my new found love. Beyond the endless sky that stretched out like new cool sheets, I found the smell intoxicating. There was the clean and slightly sweet smell of the Big Sage and the pervasive scent of warm dust.

Below us was one of the lakes. The birds were quiet in the dark of night, but the coyotes were singing off key from the other side of the lake. Behind us, somewhere in the darkness, was the rock cliffs with their sleeping snakes and petroglyphs.

Modesty lost its battle when a survival instinct kicked in. No time to loose, we shucked off our clothes and got into the hot spring before the mosquitoes could take more than a pint. The bottom of the pool was muddy, but the water was hot. The sulphur smell erased all there was before it and I sunk my toes into the muck.

The stars of the Milky Way so clear and endless over our heads would tell me nothing about what the future held for me now that I had had my first dip in a hot spring. If they had told me, would I have believed them? No matter. There I was- crazy in love.

treehugger.gif  Mama of three daughters chicken3.gif
#3 of 5 Old 01-05-2006, 09:58 PM - Thread Starter

I love the "endless sky stretching out like new cool sheets..."

I've been to warm springs where there were bath houses seperating men/women : and you could swim naked, but the experience you had just sounds so yummy.

Thanks for being the first (of many ) to respond to the prompt

#4 of 5 Old 01-06-2006, 12:42 AM

Thanks, Kelly! All the hot springs I have been to have been mixed genders and only one had bad "I'm being watched" vibes. But, out here in the West things are so relaxed!

treehugger.gif  Mama of three daughters chicken3.gif
#5 of 5 Old 01-08-2006, 08:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvia
Thanks, Kelly! All the hot springs I have been to have been mixed genders and only one had bad "I'm being watched" vibes. But, out here in the West things are so relaxed!

The wooden 'bath houses' screamed "you're being watched" I mean, why wall up nakedness if there is nothing wrong with it

Such is it on the East Coast....

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page