what to journal about? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-16-2007, 10:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I ahve always kept a journal adn now taht i look back ...it seems taht i jsut write lame unintresting things, not even daily life, more like complaints, and wishes but it never amounts to much, i end up writing the same thing most of the time , just use different words.

what are you supposed to journal about when nothing in your life is exceptionaly exiting 9 i have a 6 mo old whom i detail her life ans things she does but that notebook is FOR HER.. any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 01-16-2007, 11:12 PM

http://walkslowlylivewildly.blogspot.com/

This might spark some ideas.
I like to write about things that make me mad, happy sad, upset.
I see something somewhere and ahve ideas on- something I hear on the news, etc.
#3 of 6 Old 01-17-2007, 01:08 AM

religion, politics, observations, memories, the events of your day, things that upset you, thinks that make you smile, causes you feel strongly about, dispelling myths and rumors about AP & NFL

fambedsingle2.gif Heather, 25, single mom to Corbin, 5, and Orin, 3  uc.jpg  delayedvax.gif  nocirc.gif
Oh how I miss the days of femalesling.GIF  nak.gifcd.gif  
#4 of 6 Old 01-20-2007, 04:19 AM

I'm one of those people that journals about everything. I write down wishes, dreams, plans to see them through...I write about disappointments, and come to terms with them upon paper. Song lyrics, quotes, politics, poem and story ideas, general things that happen, politics, how I want to change and how to instigate those changes. Happy things, sad things...although, I will admit that I seem to write more in my journals when I'm upset about something. It helps me work though it.

I'm getting ready to start a seperate journal tonight that deals with my c-section. Even though ds is only 7 mos and we're waiting at least another 2 years before ttc again, I am definitely planning on VBAC. I realize I have a lot of emotions to work through before that time, so I want to get it on paper.

So, I guess my point is, if I want to write about something, I do...even if it's lame.

Happy journaling!!
#5 of 6 Old 01-26-2007, 10:08 PM

Pick a word, any word and write about it. Open the dictionary, the first book or magazine you can put your hands on, the back of the cereal box. Pick the first word you see and write it on the top of your paper. Then wait a moment for something to come to mind and write about it. It doesn't need to be heartfelt, funny, brilliant, or even true. Make up a story or find a memory about the word or some association to it.

Perhaps the word is microphone. You could make up a story about someone testing a microphone before a big meeting and it doesn't work, then what happens? Or wonder what did people do before microphones and they had to talk to a loud crowd. Did the message get across as well? Better? Or write how cool it feels to hold a microphone. Write about how you used to pretend a brush was a microphone and you'd belt out BeeGee songs in the mirror. Or whatever. Then just keep writing and something else might spark your interest as go along. It's just to get the creative juices flowing and get away from, "Today I did this and that and I got made at so-and-so and I wish I didn't eat so much ice cream but I always do and tomorrow I'm going to do 50 situps."
#6 of 6 Old 02-02-2007, 03:46 AM

Journaling is a great way to get more clarity about anything in yor life, work out problems, heal emotions, banish fears, realize how many choices you really have in a situation, making decisions, and just about anything else you can imagine. Visit
www.journalingtools.com
for more info. They have a free newsletter, too, that I've found really helpful.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page