Making a sentimental book w/ Q's for mom/dd for mothers day - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-26-2007, 06:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Cross posted - also in the crafts forum but thought it might fit better here.

I want to make a book of questions for my mom to fill out about our past together. Sometime she will give back (and I, in turn, will fill one out for her to keep as a keepsake from her daughter) that I can have for sentimental value. I was going to buy books like this from a publisher I just heard of, however he wont' have the daughter book out for another month yet and I really want to do this for mothers day with my mom (but plan on buying his books for fathers day as they should all be out by then). And my mom would love the home made touch if I did this from scratch :-)

I'm a bit stuck though. I have no idea what kind of questions to ask that will really mean anything. For both her and I. I can think of things like the greatest childhood memory, my favorite memories of mom showing her love for me, the things I enjoyed as a child but never let my mom know (things she did for me, that I cherished but may not have let her know), things my mom did that drove me nuts but I later grew to appreciate (hehe) then for my mom have her describe her pregnancy with me, the day of birth, her greatest memories of me growing up, oddities I'd do as a kid, her favorite mom moments, weird things like that.

Do any of you have suggestions? Maybe we can come up with along list for a mother and daughter book and we can each do something like this for our moms! If we get a good list i'll put them on my website for other people to use however they'd like (I can think of other things that wouldn't involve a book... I really don't want to take business away from the publisher who made his books and will probably include a link to his book on the page with questions, if we end up doing it.)

Anyone in? Please share!
#2 of 3 Old 04-26-2007, 06:43 PM

: What a great/sweet idea!

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#3 of 3 Old 04-27-2007, 11:49 PM
Banned

very sweet so now idea what to write in it

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page