What Do You Write? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 07-06-2007, 03:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Writer Mamas What Do You Write? What would you like to be writing?

I will start us off....

I am currently writing a:

Baby Food Cookbook
Chick Lit Novel

What I would like to be writing:

Romantic Comedies
Chick Lit Novels

"There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way and not starting." - Buddha.
#2 of 12 Old 07-09-2007, 07:46 PM
Banned

I write poetry a lot, as well as real-life books. My friend, who has spina bifida, and I just finished a tiny book series called the "Me and My...." series. We have wrote about life with epilepsy, spina bifida, surgery, using catheters, and hereditary spastic paraplegia.
We are in the process of writing more about other disabilities kids and teens have, like diabetes, asthma, mental retardation, cystic fibrosis, Downs Syndrome, and cerebral palsy. The local high school special ed class has been letting us interview teens living with these disabilities.

None of my stuff has been published before, but we are in the porcess of mailing our homemade books to Children's Hospital in Seattle for their lending library.

Jessie
(single mommy to Emma, 3 years and Angela, 2 years)
#3 of 12 Old 07-10-2007, 10:45 PM
Banned

I've actually been writing a few short story fictions lately, which surprises me, because I was always very...wordy But I've been pretty good at keeping them between 1,500-3,000 words.

I also write about childbirth politics (one topic, not 2 seperate ones!), informative articles/essays and other fact based pieces.

I used to write poetry, but haven't been able to slip back into that after leaving it for so long.
#4 of 12 Old 07-13-2007, 05:20 PM

I have written one Christian Romance novel. I am currently working on another one as well as a nonfiction about our journey with my daughter.

My passion is Christian Romance with a Medieval setting. I just love castles and knights.

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#5 of 12 Old 07-13-2007, 06:35 PM

A homebirth book for children
Cloth diapering curriculum

That's what I'm working on.

I just finished three books on cloth diapering and am ready to start writing on other natural family living topics. ;-)
#6 of 12 Old 07-13-2007, 10:37 PM

Ebooks and web copy on a variety of topics. Unfortunately, writing for me is currently more about paying the bills than it is about creativity.

Sandi - Work at home writer mama to Zoe the monkey girl 9/06 and Luna the zen baby 8/08
#7 of 12 Old 07-15-2007, 11:17 AM

I currently write articles for a breastfeeding magazine. I do not get paid for these, but I really like looking for scientific articles around a particular topic and turning them into something that is easy to read and understand. Recently I wrote an article on how a breastfeeding mother sleeps that I am really proud of.

I am working on two other projects around breastfeeding and sleep. I would like to turn them into books or booklets.

Mama to DS1 and DS2
#8 of 12 Old 07-18-2007, 08:21 PM

Hmm, to start? Everything. I'm one of those people who always has a million ideas all at once. And of course nothing ever gets finished. I haven't finished a story in seven years. But, all of those were short stories in high school, and it seems I work better under pressure. Anyway--

my main projects:
YA novel (2 chapters done)
Fantasy novel (1 chapter done)
romance novel

poetry: always. but private.

problems? whenever i write something in the 1st person and dp sees it, he thinks I am writing about *me*.

SAHM to my wonderful constellationwild.gif 5/2006 & northern light bouncy.gif1/2009 fly-by-nursing1.giffambedsingle2.gifslingboy.gif
#9 of 12 Old 07-19-2007, 01:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaberry View Post
problems? whenever i write something in the 1st person and dp sees it, he thinks I am writing about *me*.
I had a teacher send me to the school counselor once because I had written a poem where the speakers mother has died, and there was a lot of raw emotion. Without asking, she assumed it was my mother and referred me (my mother was/is alive and well!).
#10 of 12 Old 07-20-2007, 10:57 AM

I sort of run the gamut. I have a job where I write trivia and another where I write two blogs on family time and education. I also work on website copy.

The writing I'm passionate about, however, is fiction. I'm working on a fantasy right now, and I'm drawn to magical realism and Southern lit. I've also written some children's stories.

I'm pretty happy with my writing life right now--I'm choosing to make the fiction a priority and it makes me feel good, especially since the words are flowing nicely for me right now.
#11 of 12 Old 07-25-2007, 07:48 PM

Mine are "what I'd like to be writing"
I want to do a story that is for all audiences about my homebirthing experience.

Also, I'd like to write some children's books geared towards Christian unschoolers
#12 of 12 Old 07-31-2007, 03:38 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Every once in a while, I dabble in poetry. Sometimes they come out really good, usually they just suck.

I pray for the day Family Court recognizes that CHILDREN have rights, parents only have PRIVILEGES.  Only then, will I know my child is safe.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page