Two writers; one office - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 08-05-2007, 10:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Any suggestions?

Feeling booted out of my space, and my time has been taken over. After a 12hr day with the kids, DP jst calls all aflutter with his excitment over getting home early so he can write for longer tonight.

ahem? I've been here many hours, some of which have been spent cleaning said office of his cups, plates, bowls and what not and he's had the office everything for the last 8-10.....

it's not like he doen't have time, I've given up the last two weeks to support him. Some of that time he's spend doing other things, like sleeping and then he expects make up days.

Now, he's off tomorrow and I fully expect to have the whol day for working back here in my beloved office....but the thing is he lets the kids stand outside the babygate and fight, quarrel, ask me to get them food etc.

I am putting up a curtain tonight but it's so impossibly hard to concentrate durring the day and he refuses to take them out of the house. I have phone calls to make, letters to write, lessons to plan and all sorts of things...

I guess I'm just whining

Carrie, The Birthteacher CCE and Doula, real mom to five; and womb-mom to G. born at 23w by emergency C. 12/09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 08-21-2007, 08:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We've had this problem. Hubby's not a writer but a programmer. We have separate computers - we have 4 total in the house. Somehow, though, MY time has been too easily taken away in the past. I had a meltdown about it a couple of weeks ago, and it's better.

For me, it's that I'm home during the day, which means that I take care of most of the household administration/cleaning. Over time, DH has taken care of less and less. Now, I've insisted that he takes the kids and not bother me at all when I'm working. When he starts to bug me, I've starting sighing really loudly, and he usually takes the hint.

Still, I'll go upstairs after the kids are in bed to find that dinner dishes didn't get cleared, toys didn't get put away, and then I have to face doing them late when I want to go to bed or dealing with a messy house the next day. So, really I have no advice, but I understand.

My husband also doesn't use the time he does have. He'll stay up watching a movie or reading, which is fine, but then he wants to use my writing time because he "never has time to do anything." When I ask about the 2 hours he was reading the night before, I'm suddenly the bad guy.

It's us: DH , DS ; DD ; and me . Also there's the . And the 3 . I . Oh, and .

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page