And so it begins...the MDC NaNoWriMo Thread! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 369 Old 11-09-2007, 09:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah, I only did 500 yesterday, I was just SO tired. I've been getting to bed a little bit too late and the boys keep waking me up at wicked early times like 5:00 and 5:30. : I've got to remember this and get to bed EARLY tonight! Anyway . . . I'm going to try to get a lot of writing in today. I got up to 12,563 last night so officially a quarter of the way! Yay! Now if only I could FEEL a little bit more enthusiastic-- gosh, it's just the tiredness. :yawning:

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

#182 of 369 Old 11-09-2007, 11:31 AM

So a great start to the day so far-- 1110 this morning and it's only 9:30. That's 13,673 now.

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

#183 of 369 Old 11-09-2007, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionTigerBear View Post
So a great start to the day so far-- 1110 this morning and it's only 9:30. That's 13,673 now.

: Way to go!

Busy Mama to three beautiful girls and loving wife to my hubby
#184 of 369 Old 11-09-2007, 02:03 PM
Banned

Go LTB!! whoohoo!

I totally get being sad for your characters as you plot their deaths. You all saw Stranger Than Fiction last year during NaNo, right? We all went to that and then straight to a write in and it was so funny. My MC's love interest is so dying at the end of this book, too-- but it's okay, he's going to be resurrected in the third! Yay, fanstasy genre!

K, settling down to write a bit during DD's nap. I just really need to develop said love interest beyond a few little details and being really sweet It's hard to flesh him out when I'm setting him up to die (and he sacrifices himself to save the world/his love) b/c I feel bad giving him flaws on top of all that!
#185 of 369 Old 11-09-2007, 02:54 PM

I was tired yesterday too, LTB. I think daylight savings time is kicking my butt. Also, my 1 year old decided that naps are uncool, so that slowed me down.

I came in just under the word count goal for the day, but I'll have time to make it up this weekend. My husband and I are planning a weekend writing blitz and we're both hoping to be ahead by Monday.

I did some of my worst writing of the month last night. Nothing but cliches, poor sentence structure, and time wasting activities for my characters. But... in all of that junk, I realized that my main character was finally starting to show some emotion about the events of the story. Until last night, she had spent a lot of time as detached observer. Now I'm *really* understanding why they say that you just need to ignore your inner editor and "let it all out" during the first draft.
#186 of 369 Old 11-09-2007, 03:49 PM

Thanks, everyone! Your encouragement really helped me keep going instead of giving up and calling it a day. 14,211 now . . . and I'll write more soon. But I'm taking a lunch break now. I am really, really liking my story now. Of course, it's probably a self-indulgent piece of twaddle, but whatever!

#187 of 369 Old 11-09-2007, 04:39 PM

So how can I get my kids to understand that it is QUIET time . . .I'm in the middle of a good fight scene here. My MC just decked her mom . . .should I be reading more into this??? . . .
#188 of 369 Old 11-09-2007, 06:30 PM

Ugh. I just made the mistake of doing some re-reading. Even the parts I thought were actually good--well they aren't. Oh well--can't rewrite the whole thing now. I'm still a day behind.
#189 of 369 Old 11-09-2007, 07:07 PM

Still waaaay behind, but that's okay!

And holy freaking crap, batman! A character I didn't even know exsisted just killed his whole family and artistically arranged them in his back yard. Where the hell did that come from :

addicted, homeschooling, freelancing mama to DS 8. Pet mama to Harvey the Wonder Mutt :, Pnut: and Autumn : Oh, yeah, and
#190 of 369 Old 11-09-2007, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigama View Post
Still waaaay behind, but that's okay!

And holy freaking crap, batman! A character I didn't even know exsisted just killed his whole family and artistically arranged them in his back yard. Where the hell did that come from :
I so want to read that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#191 of 369 Old 11-10-2007, 12:45 AM

Only about 1,000 words for me tonight, but, man am I ever tired. I am just not into it tonight. I'm taking tomorrow off too because I'm going to have a house full of people all day. I know I'll be beat. So, I'll have to make up my extra thousand next week. I'll squeeze it in little by little.

My MC is getting ready to have his first big surprise dropped on him too. I've pretty much set the scene, but he's going to have to wait until Sunday to find out what happens to him - lol. I'm really starting to like this kid too. He's in for some tough times.
#192 of 369 Old 11-10-2007, 08:59 AM

Ugh. Today was supposed to be a big writing day for me, since I take Sundays off, but last night DS1 (3yo) had a fever all night. I slept fitfully because I had to keep checking on him and attending to him. He woke up for the day at 4 in the morning.

I really, really need more sleep. But we have a full day ahead of us. :

#193 of 369 Old 11-10-2007, 12:50 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Well, I didn't manage to write until 11pm last night, hacked out 1804 words before I couldn't see straight, which was shortly after midnight.

Got up this morning and wrote some more...bringing my total to 3136 words today. Grand total is 23563. I am going to write some more today - after I go yarn shopping (my treat to myself for actually keeping up with this.) I hope to break 25K by the end of the day.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#194 of 369 Old 11-10-2007, 07:06 PM

Adina, HOW do you do it? I haven't written anything in my novel at all today. I feel like a zombie.

#195 of 369 Old 11-10-2007, 07:29 PM
Administrator

I have been getting up an hour and a half to two hours before everyone else and writing like mad until the baby wakes up. Fueled by generous amounts of coffee. I thought I would be a zombie by now, but for whatever reason it is working out well. Ask me in a week. I may crash hard.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#196 of 369 Old 11-11-2007, 12:47 AM

Way to go, Adina!! I have managed to put out 300 words today.: BUT, on the upside, I spent the day scrapbooking with some great friends, and finished 11 pages!!! Woohoo!! It's now 9:46, and I am going to *try* and get a little writing done.

#197 of 369 Old 11-11-2007, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdinaL View Post
I have been getting up an hour and a half to two hours before everyone else and writing like mad until the baby wakes up. Fueled by generous amounts of coffee.
I'm gonna try this minus the coffee. Seriously. starting tomorrow. Thanks for the idea!

#198 of 369 Old 11-11-2007, 01:01 PM

18888! What a fun number and I feel like it is an omen I should stop now . . .so many loose threads though!!
#199 of 369 Old 11-11-2007, 03:35 PM
Administrator

Of course - today my allergies are killing me and I didn't get up. I have yet to get my writing in. Some days it works, some it doesn't.

#200 of 369 Old 11-11-2007, 07:51 PM
Red

I'm so serious of your precise word counts! THe family computer is located in the living room and gets too much use to be avaiable for me to write on. I write the thing out long hand and DREAM of someday owning a working laptop.

I say working cause I've been 'gifted' with 3 non-working ones! What are the chances. So, no emblem for me, since I won't be able to submit. But I'm determined to make the word count anyway.

I just wrote my first hot love scene too. One of the reasons I decided to do this was to be able to write a love scene without imagining my highly prudish mother reading it! Dang, that was fun. I've simply told myself that even if this becomes a book, a real one, I'll just never TELL her!

Off for a quick dinner and more writing. I'm just about where I need to be.
#201 of 369 Old 11-11-2007, 08:31 PM

Is there anyone letting anyone else read their stuff? My DH is waaayyy curious, but there is no way I want him reading it now. I'm afraid he'll inadvertently say, "oh, so, you think this is worth spending all your time on," and then I'll lose all my motivation. He won't mean to, but I wouldn't put it past him. Anyway, just curious if any of you were sharing and still typing.
#202 of 369 Old 11-11-2007, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by almama View Post
Is there anyone letting anyone else read their stuff? My DH is waaayyy curious, but there is no way I want him reading it now. I'm afraid he'll inadvertently say, "oh, so, you think this is worth spending all your time on," and then I'll lose all my motivation. He won't mean to, but I wouldn't put it past him. Anyway, just curious if any of you were sharing and still typing.
I told my husband he could read it if he wants to, but so far he hasn't yet. I usually don't share, and he knows that.

I am on target to get 20,000 tonight, I need 1,000 more words.

aisling
#203 of 369 Old 11-11-2007, 09:46 PM

Yes, I've let two of my closest girlfriends read it so far. But not hubby, only because I don't think he could sit long enough to read it!

I hit 20,000 words today!!!!!!!!!!!!

#204 of 369 Old 11-11-2007, 10:17 PM

Dh has read the first 5 pages, and he'll read the whole thing when it's done.

I'm up to 21,733, so two days ahead of schedule. Man, I could sure use a day off to get my life in order, though! The laundry is out. of. hand. Grandma just visited and bought dd a whole bunch of new clothes, though...so I guess it can wait!
#205 of 369 Old 11-12-2007, 12:43 AM

Nobody is reading it. And I'm way behind at under 12,000.
#206 of 369 Old 11-12-2007, 12:52 AM
Administrator

I have been posting excerptds on the NaNo site. Dh has read those, and will be reading it when I am done. I know a couple people will be reading it when I get done. And after I have reread it. It may not be good, but I should let someone see it.

#207 of 369 Old 11-12-2007, 11:52 AM

I'm keeping my work under wraps until I feel ready-- which will be after editing. I feel it helps me feel more relaxed and uninhibited.

#208 of 369 Old 11-12-2007, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by almama View Post
No way! I have my file password protected. Mind you DH is ALWAYS supportive and even has constructive, valuable contributions when he does give feedback, but I just don't want it right now!!

By the way You rock! I can't believe your word count!! You go, mama!!
#209 of 369 Old 11-12-2007, 03:24 PM

My husband and I have been reading pieces of our stories to each other, but nobody has read my entire novel yet...not even me . I'm restraining myself from editing, so I haven't read the whole thing as one continuous piece.

I fell behind again on Thursday, but I got back on track by Sunday. I wrote one of the most complicated parts of my novel this weekend. I had to establish two new characters who are pivotal to the story, and I was having a lot of "show what, when" questions for myself.
#210 of 369 Old 11-12-2007, 04:26 PM

Um, can someone maybe give me a little pep talk, or even a swift kick in the butt?

DS1 has been sick with something-- just kind of listless, he was running a fever yesterday but it's been gone, now he's is just unbelievably weepy and whiny. It's crazy. : I didn't sleep great again last night so didn't wak up early. Oh and DS2 is still teething. So I haven't written anything, still. It's been a few days I think. I'm going too . . . I just feel kind of . . . overwhelmed by how behind I am at this point. And I know my brain will work slowly and poorly right now.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page