Writing at Associated Content- February Thread! (Newbies come join us anytime!) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 02-01-2008, 02:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

From Heather's Original Thread for AC:
In accordance with the UA, please adhere to the following rules: Please do not post links to your Content Producer page or your articles, in your posts or signature. Please do not spam users in private with these links unless they have asked. If someone asks you for a link, send it to them in a private message. Swap links only in private and when solicited.

You may tell us when you have a new article posted and what it is about, but again, do not link it. There is no need to say "See my CP page for it" or "PM me for a link" and so on to self-promote, because we all know that we can check your CP page or PM you. Keep self-promotion to a minimum. All we need to know is that you wrote something new and what it's about, and if people want to, they will take the initiative to find the peice and read it. Telling us the exact name of the piece is not recommended, because that's about the same as posting the link.

Welcome to the Writing At Associated Content Thread! We love to have newbies, just join in!

Everything above from Heather's First AC Thread is important, so please read and understand!

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

If you would like the link to the yahoogroup please PM ErikaLeigh

WELCOME

Blissful Mama to DD-(5), DS-(6) and someone new due in November!
#2 of 18 Old 02-01-2008, 09:49 PM

I've been meaning to get back to the lovely monthly AC thread. Have not written anything too recently but I hope to change that this month.

I am sure that there have been new people since I posted (sometime last year I am sure) so if I am not a subber of you please email me your link or send it to me via AC (my cp page is in my business siggy below under my articles). I would say PM me, but my inbox is bursting at the seams, (that's why I mention contacting me via email or AC).

Good luck to everyone on their Feb. goals! Any word as to the births of Twocoolboys and Queenbean?
#3 of 18 Old 02-03-2008, 09:08 AM

Twocoolboys mentioned the birth of her son here.
#4 of 18 Old 02-03-2008, 04:42 PM

Hi mamas! I'm here, but haven't had a whole lot of time to write much. I did get an article published a couple weeks ago, and am working on another one.

Busy Mama to three beautiful girls and loving wife to my hubby
#5 of 18 Old 02-03-2008, 04:49 PM - Thread Starter

congrats twocoolboys! :

#6 of 18 Old 02-03-2008, 05:05 PM

Subbing for February, hoping to get a few articles published this month.
#7 of 18 Old 02-04-2008, 01:46 AM

I'm subbing for February!

Mama to a bright 5 y/o girl dust.gif and a beautiful boy born 03/10/12 fly-by-nursing1.gif Loving unschooling, 2xuc.jpgfamilybed2.gif ecbaby2.gifand natural living in Hawaii.rainbow1284.gif
#8 of 18 Old 02-04-2008, 02:54 AM
Banned

Congrats twocoolboys!

I suck. I didn't finish anything for January - but the whole house was sick for the second part and DH was gone for the first part. At least that is my story...
#9 of 18 Old 02-04-2008, 07:57 AM

Hi, Newbie to AC here. I've got my cp set up but am yet to write anything. Tips, advice, comments etc gratefully received
#10 of 18 Old 02-04-2008, 05:52 PM

Welcome to all the newbies!!

Subbing for Feb!!

Erika SO to *S*: and Aunt to *A*(10), *Z*(9), and *D*(8)
#11 of 18 Old 02-07-2008, 06:29 PM

Gosh there is an awful lot of subbing this month, I guess everyone is super busy, I know the feeling. Just thought I see what everyone is discussing but there is no discussion. Oh well carry on everyone.
#12 of 18 Old 02-07-2008, 07:50 PM - Thread Starter

my offers are increasing again, so that's nice. though I have nothing in my queue as I am working on another project right now. maybe I will do some more product reviews this evening.

#13 of 18 Old 02-07-2008, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowmoon View Post
my offers are increasing again, so that's nice. though I have nothing in my queue as I am working on another project right now. maybe I will do some more product reviews this evening.
The increase is a good thing, congrats. I'm working on some product reviews as we speak. For me I think they are easier writes than coming up with an idea, researching and putting the info I found into my own words. Happy writing. :
#14 of 18 Old 02-07-2008, 09:13 PM

Happy Writing to everyone!!

I got a day job again, and I hate it so much more than the writing that I was doing.

I am still writing, but just having to work along with it.

Since I am writing for someone, it seems hard to keep up with AC, but the money is more!

#15 of 18 Old 02-08-2008, 01:07 AM

So I signed up but I don't really get it. Anyone want to help me out?? You write about anything you want and they pay you - am I correct so far? You make money off of how many people look at your content and you need to get 1000s of people to look at it? How much are people actually making doing this - is it worth the effort?

What do you guys write about? (Maybe I can see you content pages?)

Thanks!

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

#16 of 18 Old 02-08-2008, 06:05 PM

I'll send you my link and you can check out my page.

#17 of 18 Old 02-13-2008, 05:37 AM

Brooklyn,
Yep you've pretty much got it. AC pays for your articles, but not all of them. They usually don't pay for articles that are very common, so you should try to get articles printed that are unique. Usually the more unique they are, the more you will get paid, though that totally depends on your content manager. My CM always pays me the exact same thing for every article, no matter what it's about or how long it is. It's kind of annoying, but at least I know what to expect. I get paid $4 per article right now. Everyone is different.

You also get paid per page views, but AC advertises all over the internet, so you don't have to do all of the advertising yourself. I have around 150 articles published (I've been with AC since November) and I get paid maybe $30 a month now just for page views alone. There are a few other things that you can do to get more page views. My page views $ goes up about $10 each month, so it just gets better and better.

How much $ you make depends on how much you write. I try to get at least one article done per day, but sometimes it's a lot more. I make around $200-$300 a month at the moment and I'm hoping that will go up a lot more soon. I write mostly on how to recycle items and how to make different handmade crafts. You'll find out what pays and what works for you. I'll send you my content page so you can see the subjects that I write on.

Mama to a bright 5 y/o girl dust.gif and a beautiful boy born 03/10/12 fly-by-nursing1.gif Loving unschooling, 2xuc.jpgfamilybed2.gif ecbaby2.gifand natural living in Hawaii.rainbow1284.gif
#18 of 18 Old 02-13-2008, 05:43 AM

I know that the performance payments are just estimated and not the actual payments because each time they pay me, it's always a few dollars lower than the "estimate." This month, though, my estimate was up to $30 and now I check today and it says $10, but there hasn't been a payment made to my paypal account and I haven't been asked to authorize anything. What gives? Did anyone else have this? Is it just a glitch or what? I'm going to be super ticked off if they cut $20 from my payment this month. :

ETA: Nevermind, they finally sent it. It took them a few days, though.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page