The Artist's way week two!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 02-04-2008, 09:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone

This is week two, I plan on reading tonight and waking up in the morning to start my new week.

What has everyone come up with for artist dates? I am stuck on that. I have time ( my DC are older) I just can't think of anything.

I HAVE done some writing though, not anything I would ever share, but my pen was moving at least.

About week one, does anyone want to share about their insights gained from the 1st week? I learned that I am my own enemy and I am the force that is holding me back. I had a creative family, and alot of outside support, I have had times of confidence, but now it is different. My writer's group ended and that was a great source of inspiration and motivation for me, I am sad that the group's leader left town, I loved and admired her and she was a powerfully good force for me... I need to learn how to be that for myself.

What about everyone else?

Whatever will be, already is...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 02-05-2008, 03:33 AM

my Censor is a wicked wicked woman. That is what I learned. I'm going to have to work hard to squash her. I also have a hard time with the artist date thing. My DC are so little still and I feel guilty asking for the time from my DH. Who knows why, b/c he'd give it to me no prob, but I still hesitate to ask for it. Off to read for Week 2.

Crunchy Mama to the Triad of Chaos-- DD1 (9/03) & the Twinadoes- DS and DD2 (6/06)
#3 of 9 Old 02-05-2008, 09:09 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stTimeMummytoLore View Post
my Censor is a wicked wicked woman. That is what I learned. I'm going to have to work hard to squash her. I also have a hard time with the artist date thing. My DC are so little still and I feel guilty asking for the time from my DH. Who knows why, b/c he'd give it to me no prob, but I still hesitate to ask for it. Off to read for Week 2.
I'm going to try to make friends with her to loosen her up a bit When I resist something, it gets stronger, if I face it (somehow) I can release the fear thus allowing myself to write/dance with more inhibition.

#4 of 9 Old 02-05-2008, 12:24 PM

well, i at least need to convince her to let me get a word in edgewise!

Crunchy Mama to the Triad of Chaos-- DD1 (9/03) & the Twinadoes- DS and DD2 (6/06)
#5 of 9 Old 02-05-2008, 02:50 PM

I did the reading for this week yesterday, and I had some trouble connecting with the chapter. A lot of it was focused on dealing with the crazymaker in your life. Right now the only "crazymaker" in my life is my one year old, and it's hardly fair to call him that

Even though the chapter didn't really speak to me, the book already has. I'm doing my morning pages faithfully, and I've been writing at night when the little guy goes to sleep. I'm making some progress on a short story I shelved back in October. My goal is to have it ready to start submitting to literary magazines by May.

I did my artist's date on Saturday. My husband took the little crazymaker for a guy's afternoon out and I stayed home, took a long, long shower, and played the Sims 2. That's all, but it was nice to let my brain relax and just play for awhile. Not exactly an intellectual pursuit, but it worked for me
#6 of 9 Old 02-11-2008, 07:30 AM

It's been quiet in here this week. I can understand why, I'm feeling like the first few chapters have made me feel very protective about my "writing thing".

I did morning pages all but one day this week. I love doing them, but didn't I have time one day.

I also didn't manage to squeeze in an artist's date. I did write a bit, and what I wrote was good, so that's a nice way to leave the week

I did the reading for week three tonight, and I'm feeling chapter 3 a lot more than I was feeling chapter 2. Here's to a good week, mamas.
#7 of 9 Old 02-11-2008, 09:14 AM - Thread Starter

I wonder why it has been so quiet here this week, perhaps the chapter didn't speak to many people. Foe me, my LIFE tends to become the 'crazymaker', but I can reflect on the human ones from past. I am looking forward to week three. I haven't read just yet, but will today and tonight. I am not looking forward to the week in which we can't read anything (maybe this week)

I realize that I already have been doing regular artist dates. I take myself for coffee and reading or writing almost every morning. I carve out alot of time for myself and it really does help, I don't think I would be so useful with out those times for myself. I am also selfish about them.

Anyone else want to weigh in?

#8 of 9 Old 02-11-2008, 04:22 PM

Ok, I am caught up, but haven't read week three yet. I couldn't really identify with the crazymaker either, but that's ok. I love the exercises, I just can't quite figure out why I am how I am though. I really don't remember anyone treating me in a way, or saying something to me that would make me so insecure at times, ya know? That's the only frustrating part for me so far.

The artist's dates are really working well for me, last Thursday DH took the older two with him to a meeting, and the youngest went to bed early, so I plopped pillows in front of the fireplace and wrote!

Look forward to this week!

Busy Mama to three beautiful girls and loving wife to my hubby
#9 of 9 Old 02-11-2008, 04:41 PM
Banned

Week Two?

Week Three?

I don't even know where I am...and the whole concept of life being the crazymaker is exactly what I'm going through.

Since the first of the year, everything has been so nuts that I can barely keep my bearings...and it just seems like it's never going to end.

I need to get control of myself.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page