"Corporate style" writing - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 04-01-2008, 01:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I happened on a local Craigslist ad asking for submissions from "writers with corporate experience". The ad specifies that the candidate would be writing announcements for a local television company...

Can anyone give me an example of "corporate style" writing? I have to come up with both English and French samples to apply...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 04-01-2008, 03:02 PM

Well, my understanding of the term "corporate style" varies from company to company. I could be wrong here, but I thought that it meant that the company has a specific style of writing that it wants in order to keep consistency within the company. (Makes sure all documents are written similarly). Companies develop corporate style guides for their employees to follow.
#3 of 5 Old 04-06-2008, 03:05 PM

I'm imagining it would also be written in 3rd person (don't say I or we or talk about personal experiences.) Complex sentence structure OK but not too many technical terms. I agree with eviesmom, get a copy of their style guide if they have one.
#4 of 5 Old 04-16-2008, 01:53 PM

I worked in Corporate Communications for a regional grocery company before become a SAHM/freelancer. A good example of corporate style writing would be any sort of communication piece that the company would send to its employees. This could be a memo, employee newsletter, web story for the company's intranet announcing a new program or employee offering, etc. My hunch is that the company is looking for someone with experience writing for an employee audience.

Good luck to you!

SAHM to DD (6/07) and DS (10/09); happily married to DH since 2/04 .
#5 of 5 Old 04-19-2008, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spmamma View Post
I working in Corporate Communications for a regional grocery company before become a SAHM/freelancer. A good example of corporate style writing would be any sort of communication piece that the company would send to its employees. This could be a memo, employee newsletter, web story for the company's intranet announcing a new program or employee offering, etc. My hunch is that the company is looking for someone with experience writing for an employee audience.

Good luck to you!
:

I worked in employee communications at a large bank/investment firm. I wrote articles for the company website (internal only), which were the same as any news story I wrote, but "slanted" obviously. I also wrote and proofed internal memos. My boss wrote speeches for the CEO.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page